UFC 228: Woodley vs Till

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Well, I missed my first PPV since UFC 45. For pissed Sunday night and caught a main event spoiler so I read up.

I do like the idea of Till/Adesanya though, great shout.

Woodley is a monster though, a couple more wins and I think GSP's mantra of greatest welterweight ever may be under threat, the guy is starting to look unbeatable.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved this event, might even be my favourite of the year. Everything outside of Dodson v Rivera was brilliant.

I hope Till makes his way to another shot otherwise he'll regret this one for the rest of his career. I just don't think you can afford to take a round off in a title fight like he did in the first and Woodley exposed a lot of holes in his game in that second. 

Scary viewing for Thug Rose as Jessica Andrade and Tatiana Suarez both looked incredible. I think that is one of the most exciting divisions at the moment and I very much like the idea of them doing Rose v Andrade and Joanna v Tatiana. 

Abdul Razak is the fucking man and Elton John's Circle of Life is the fantastic walkout tune for him. Good luck to whoever had to decide the bonuses. 

• Paid Members

Razak Alhassan comes off as such a happy, nice guy out of the cage as well. You'd never think from watching his interviews that someone who's that smiley and soft spoken could flip the switch like he did on Niko Price on Saturday night. The scary, lovely bastard. 

3 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Scary viewing for Thug Rose as Jessica Andrade and Tatiana Suarez both looked incredible. I think that is one of the most exciting divisions at the moment and I very much like the idea of them doing Rose v Andrade and Joanna v Tatiana. 

Personally I would do Rose-Andrade & Gadhela-Tatianna, even though she was apparently on her team in TUF, then if she wants book Joanna to step up and fight a girl near the top of the flyweight division as she's a name, which that division lacks, obviously if she doesn't want too move up, then do the Tatiana fight

• Paid Members

There's so many options now at 115. It's a great little division, easily the best of the women's weight classes. 

It's kind of a shame that Joanna has already fought nearly everyone already. A fight with Tatiana Suarez feels sort of too soon for Suarez to me but still, I really love the matchup if it gets made. 

Seems Rose is hoping to fight before the end of the year, but is still suffering from the effects of the bus incident - 

For those out there that dismissed the attack on a bus carrying UFC fighters and employers, ahead of April's UFC 223, as a WWE-style stunt, Rose Namajunas is the very real example of the real life impact.

'The Notorious' sent out messages, through his social media accounts, to some that were caught up in the fiasco. Namajunas confirmed, after her fight, that McGregor had been in touch but she had not responded as she felt his apology was not genuine.

McGregor has made a plea deal since the incident and did not have to serve any jail time. He was not suspended from the promotion and, on October 6, will face Khabib Nurmagomedov for the UFC lightweight belt.

Namajunas is currently rehabbing a couple of bad knocks but is hoping to return to fight again before the end of the year. Trevor Wittman, her trainer, has told Ariel Helwani's MMA Show that Namajunas is dealing with some other issues, pertaining to that bus attack. He said:

"Everyone has different perspectives as to what was going on. I wasn't on the bus. I actually joked with her when I came back. I thought it was nothing serious. I was joking about it and she started crying. I was like, 'Oh my God, what really happened?'

"And they were like when the window broke, it sounded like a gun-shot."

Namajunas' comments in June tie in with those of Wittman. "I’m still trying not to leave the house too much," she said, "or there will be times when I’m just like, 'Yeah we should just go home'. Like, I just have a weird feeling.

"I live in a very nice neighbourhood, there’s nothing that really goes on around here. So, for me to be like sketch [cautious] … I’m still paranoid about everything. I have a therapist that I go see."

McGregor's actions are clearly still having ramifications, five months on.

Archived