• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Did you watch the game, Chest? Are you caught up in 'World Cup fever'?!

Well, that wasn't too bad was it? Very good performance all round. Having a referee that didn't put up with their shit in the first half made a huge difference, some of those calls that went our way wouldn't have done so in the Tunisia game. We're top of the group at the moment...via fair play! I say we pick up a few bookings in the next game, play out the inevitable draw and take the easier route to the semis.

• Paid Members

Very good England performance. Lots of positivity around the team right now that doesnt just seem like getting carried away. Only negative: I don't want to jump on the anti-Raheem Sterling, Sun newspaper bandwagon here but when he's not scoring, he doesn't offer very much else in an England shirt. Rashford should really start against Belgium, and I think he will.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Did you watch the game, Chest? Are you caught up in 'World Cup fever'?! 

I'm in a predictions league with some mates so I'm keeping an eye on the games. But not really.. Watching a bit here and there, so I guess by my usual standard comparatively that is positively footie mad, for me.

• Paid Members

Nice that we were able to put the game to bed by half time rather than labouring our way to the victory like we have done many times in the past against this sort of opposition, but we look shaky as fuck at the back. Panama could have taken the lead today and could have had another before they finally did score. A half-decent side would have put a couple past us today. The Belgium game should be our reality check, although it could end up being an odd one if neither side is all that bothered about topping the group.

• Paid Members

Imagine if we actually played well today, that scoreline could have been record breaking.

Completely understand them switching off in the second half.

Lingard really is the key to this team, his link up with the front two and the midfield is belting. Really want to see him with Rashford, as they have an understanding.

Minimal changes for Belgium, I'd probably give Rose and Trent-Arnold a game, and Rashford a full 90 minutes with a 'prove yourself as a starter' teamtalk.

• Paid Members

Cardiff.Germany were sensational when they went a man down. I wouldn't  be surprised if they won off the back of that performance. England got 6 today. My afternoon has consisted of "England  scored  6 and Belgium only managed 2" to which the obvious reply is"England only managed 2 against Tunisia and Belgium got 5, what's your point?". Group H is looking to have almost as interesting a final day as group F. Hopefully Japan draw and Colombia Vs Senegal has a winner so they go through to the second round. They dug deep and earned that point today. If they'd had better strikers Japan would be on 6 points now.

• Paid Members

Oh yeah,that's true. Silly me. Poland have to try and salvage something through. I'll have to keep quiet at work for that game.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My afternoon has consisted of "England  scored  6 and Belgium only managed 2" to which the obvious reply is...

"Belgium actually managed 3"!?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

"Belgium actually managed 3"!?

They did. I should proofread these things.

Archived