• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I absolutely hate the "You can never write off the Germans" line, but when they stink the place out for 94 minutes then pull it out of the bag like that it's hard to say anything else. 

2 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Is anyone else totally sick of the Seven Nation Army chant at football matches? "Dun DUN DUN DUN dun dun". Fuck off, please.

One of the reasons its used is because used is because you face seven nations to win it. Or maybe I'm looking too much into it.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

One of the reasons its used is because used is because you face seven nations to win it. Or maybe I'm looking too much into it.

From what I read, it started at Euro 2016.

16 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

From what I read, it started at Euro 2016.

Nah, Club Brugge were singing it not long after it came out, then they played Roma and as mentioned, Totti was captivated by it and then it was all over Italy.  It's been Michael Van Gerwins walk on music in darts for years.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Doog said:

Could be better to finish 2nd anyway depending on what happens with Brazil and Germany in their respective groups

It took me a good few minutes to understand why given that those groups teams don't become a factor until the quarters with our group facing Group H midcarders in the second round, but I realized - if Brazil win Group E (very possible) and Germany come runner up to Mexico (also very possible) then Brazil or Germany would be the quarter final opponent for our group winner... so you'd definitely want to go into the other half of the bracket.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nah, Club Brugge were singing it not long after it came out, then they played Roma and as mentioned, Totti was captivated by it and then it was all over Italy.  It's been Michael Van Gerwins walk on music in darts for years.

This. And when Totti started singing it after Italy's World Cup win in 2006, their fans all over the world rejoiced and it became the anthem to accompany their victory. I grew up in a town with a huge Italian community and the night they won the World Cup, there were massive celebrations in the part where a lot of the Italian community lived and they sung the song constantly until the early hours of the morning. Go back to the 'Miracle of Milan' several months later, when Santino won the IC title, the Italian fans broke out into Seven Nation Army when he won.

Archived