Planning Wrestlemania 2019

kostan

Now that Wrestlemania 2019 seems to be confirmed for the New York area I am seriously considering going there. However as it'll take a lot of planning I am looking for pointers of people who will go there or have attended a Wrestlemania in the past.

- When does the presale start?

- Is there one website to buy WM tickets or are there multiple? Where can tickets be bought?

- Where can HOF / post WM RAW tickets be bought? 

- Do you need a ticket for Axxess? 

- Other info? Do's / Don't s?

Thanks in advance for your advice :)

Edited by kostan

28 minutes ago, kostan said:

Now that Wrestlemania 2019 seems to be confirmed for the New York area I am seriously considering going there. However as it'll take a lot of planning I am looking for pointers of people who are will go there or have attended a Wrestlemania in the past.

- When does the presale start?  Usually around November for tickets, packages around September.

- Is there one website to buy WM tickets or are there multiple? Where can tickets be bought?  Ticketmaster for tickets, but packages are done through WWE, I think.

- Where can HOF / post WM RAW tickets be bought?   Ticketmaster

- Do you need a ticket for Axxess?  Oh yes.

- Other info? Do's / Don't s?  

Thanks in advance for your advice :)

Edited by The Dart

See if you can gather a group of mates interested and rent someone's house/Airbnb. Keep a look out at flights to get them at the lowest price.

Tickets you'll be able to get whether it's during general sale or secondary site. Wouldn't panic too much if you miss them in the general sale as the secondary market fluctuates a fair bit 

• Paid Members

When WWE do these travel packages, what do they contain (i.e. flights? Hotel?), what kind of ticket do they contain (decent view?), and, are they actually worth it? Or is it best just to buy a ticket and arrange travel and accommodation separately?

I'll do my usual and book flights in the ba early September sale.  Already booked two hotels in new Jersey and two in Manahattan/Brooklyn but I'll monitor the prices week by week then book and cancel as cheaper/better options come up.

Wrestle con always have the best hotels and best prices so I'll look for them to announce what hotels they have on offer for next year, that's usually May/June there they begin announcing their hotel deals.

55 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

When WWE do these travel packages, what do they contain (i.e. flights? Hotel?), what kind of ticket do they contain (decent view?), and, are they actually worth it? Or is it best just to buy a ticket and arrange travel and accommodation separately?

No travel options only hotel/ticket bundle.  For me personally I wouldn't touch the travel package, works out much better and cheaper to buy everything separately.  Travel package is for people who still book their holidays through a travel agent just because it takes away the effort.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Bohan said:

Travel package is for people who still book their holidays through a travel agent just because it takes away the effort.

Thought as much.

Did that last year. Managed to get myself 7 nights in New York for cheaper than what travel agents could do for only 5 night.

5 hours ago, Bohan said:

I'll do my usual and book flights in the ba early September sale.  Already booked two hotels in new Jersey and two in Manahattan/Brooklyn but I'll monitor the prices week by week then book and cancel as cheaper/better options come up.

Wrestle con always have the best hotels and best prices so I'll look for them to announce what hotels they have on offer for next year, that's usually May/June there they begin announcing their hotel deals.

What hotels did you book? I'm also looking to reserve my hotel quite early and cancel if anything cheaper comes up. Many thanks 

5 hours ago, Briefcase said:

Its worth mentioning that the tickets in New York will be much harder to come by this time. Brooklyn always sells out anyway but Mania weekend the tickets will be gone in seconds. Even the secondary market will be very high this time.

I understand it might sell out but just wondering has anyone used any of these secondary sites for tickets? I don't fancy traveling all the way to America to get turned away at the arena doors. 

I think the whole ticket buying process will be very stressful indeed. I mean, same as with tickets for a popular concert... but that's on a national level only.

Here we not only have to deal with the whole USA, but also a with the rest of the world.

Re the secondary market I have the same concern as Tony. Imagine that, travelling there to be denied at the venue....

Edited by kostan

I need to keep in mind that for me this is a chance to go to Wrestlemania, yes, but only really cuts the mustard if I also sell it as a chance for me and the missus to go back to the city we got married in on our anniversary. I’ve been greenlit for Mania, but I don’t think I’ll be able to drag her to anything else wrestling related.

I’ve booked a hotel now, but in Manhattan so I’ll need to work out how travel to and from the stadium will work.

3 hours ago, ToNY89 said:

I understand it might sell out but just wondering has anyone used any of these secondary sites for tickets? I don't fancy traveling all the way to America to get turned away at the arena doors. 

I've used Stub Hub to pick up tickets for sold out events whilst in the states before.  Sometimes it's also worth trying the venue box office once you arrive at your location.  Few years back I arrived in Dallas without a ticket to the sold out Raw, walked to the box office which was right near our hotel and picked up a single ticket in a fantastic location for 95 bucks .  Same section seats were selling up to 800 dollars a piece on the secondary market.

55 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I’ve booked a hotel now, but in Manhattan so I’ll need to work out how travel to and from the stadium will work.

We did that in 2013. On WM day we got a direct train in in the morning (for Axxess) from the station underneath Madison square garden, and got a direct train back again after the whole thing finished. There is a station almost outside the front door of MetLife stadium. Was way easier than I expected.

i also set up a US ticketmaster account & collected the tickets at the stadium using the willcall system

prob worth checking the archive for the WM29 thread as that’s where I got loads of info from (albeit that was 5yrs ago now so some things may have changed)