Planning Wrestlemania 2019

kostan

From everything I’ve seen, if you book early enough you shouldn’t have any issues with Mania tickets.

Clearly NY will sell out quicker than other locations, but the fact that this years Mania still has plum seats left suggests they aren’t the hardest get in the world.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say this much for the travel package - I've done it twice in NY, once for Mania 29 and once for SummerSlam 2015, and the hotels WWE lay on are really excellent. Five years ago it was the Grand Hyatt next to Grand Central Station, whereas for the Barclays events it was the Marriott Marquis next to Times Square.

This was a significant improvement over the first hotel I stayed in, which turned out to be under the Manhattan Bridge. Had to sleep with earplugs. Do your research, people!

I'm almost a complete travel virgin, however I've already got enough saved up for Mania 35 so a Travel Package is probably what I'm gonna go for. I'm more worried about getting a visitor visa sorted than I am about getting tickets and flights etc. No idea what I'm doing, just winging it every step of the way.

A lot of hotels aren’t taking books that far in advance yet anyway, so I imagine it’ll become a bit more fevered around April.

I’ve booked the Yotel in Midtown. Staying Wednesday - Monday as it stands, hotel has a gym and restaurant and you get $15 each day to spend in the bar or restaurant. Decent location too, as it’s right by the Port Authority bus terminal, where you can get a direct bus to the Stadium, or it’s near the subway.

Its cancellable, and pay on arrival, but seems like a decent spot for now.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

A lot of hotels aren’t taking books that far in advance yet anyway, so I imagine it’ll become a bit more fevered around April.

I’ve booked the Yotel in Midtown. Staying Wednesday - Monday as it stands, hotel has a gym and restaurant and you get $15 each day to spend in the bar or restaurant. Decent location too, as it’s right by the Port Authority bus terminal, where you can get a direct bus to the Stadium, or it’s near the subway.

Its cancellable, and pay on arrival, but seems like a decent spot for now.

I stayed at Yotel when I went in December 2016. Nice modern hotel. Good location as you say. Rooms are a bit small but that doesn’t really matter considering it’s New York and you’ll be spending hardly any time in it.

The bar has a beer pong table, there’s a rooftop terrace (although it was closed for refurbishment when I stayed) and each floor has a vending machine with the essentials: Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, toothpaste, Trojan condoms…

1 hour ago, ToNY89 said:

What are the best travel options to and from MetLife from manhattan area? Especially after, many taxis around after? 

Usually Wrestlecon and a few other companies run buses to the stadium for Mania itself dependant on where the other events are taking place and there proximity to MetLife stadium. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, ToNY89 said:

What are the best travel options to and from MetLife from manhattan area? Especially after, many taxis around after? 

I would say, figure this out in advance. We planned to get a taxi back to our hotel after 29, and there was a massive queue for the train/buses back to NYC

On 18 March 2018 at 10:32 AM, Bohan said:

Sometimes it's also worth trying the venue box office once you arrive at your location.  Few years back I arrived in Dallas without a ticket to the sold out Raw, walked to the box office which was right near our hotel and picked up a single ticket in a fantastic location for 95 bucks .  Same section seats were selling up to 800 dollars a piece on the secondary market.

This is a good shout and has happened at the last two or three manias. But will not be the case in New York. Brooklyn is always a sell out based on where it is, add package ticket holders into the mix and Mania weekend and you would be lucky to get a ticket let alone one on the day itself. I can't see any last minute tickets being available here.

Even secondary tickets will be mega expensive, packages to me is the way to go this year if your aiming for Raw/NXT tickets.

On 19/03/2018 at 1:23 AM, ToNY89 said:

If you're willing to wait, it's easy to get a train back to NYC through Secaucas Junction but, like mim says, the queues are long. 

6 hours ago, ToNY89 said:

Thanks for all the info. One more question, would around £200 be enough for a decent seat at wrestlemania? Would prefer to be sat below 200 level if anyone could tell me if 200 would be enough or more 

This is a stadium show and due to the pillars which are a huge obstruction there will be thousands of obstructed seats which still cost a fortune.

Last year in Orlando the four of us hasd mid range tickets costing £270 each, wonderful view of the stage but only a quarter of the ring was visible to us.  We put in a serious complaint against wwe who were totally in the wrong for not listing any obstructions on the original seating plan, we were refunded every penny for the mania seats and given 4 tickets each for any future wwe UK shows of our choice, which was very decent of them.

So basically aim to buy tickets in the lower bowl which are central to the ring, should set you back around 300 quid.  

On the plus side, even if you don't get Mania tickets, the amount of peripheral events is going to be insane - there are so many supporting shows on at NOLA, I suspect there will be even more in NY.

I'd be tempted to go, just for the indy shows, except that my passport with its high visa content is not welcome in the US. Was hoping they might do a Canadian Mania next year.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

I'd be tempted to go, just for the indy shows, except that my passport with its high visa content is not welcome in the US. 

Your passport glows in the dark?

Archived