UFC 218: Holloway vs Aldo 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Maybe but then they're disrupting four training camps. 

It's not ideal but I'd leave Swanson vs Ortega as it is and just move Aldo to this card to rematch Holloway. Nobody was clamouring for Aldo vs Lamas 2 anyway. 

This whole thing sucks arse though. Holloway vs Edgar was one of my most anticipated fights of the year easy. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah but Holloway vs Aldo 2, while not ideal, would still be a title fight anyway. 

Aldo doesn't really deserve it, despite his past dominance as champ, but it's the best option out of what's available, I reckon. And he did beat Edgar twice so there's that. 

• Paid Members

I guess the shit thing is, a rematch with Aldo doesn't do a great deal for Max Holloway. He can't really beat him much more impressively than he did in June. And if he loses he's then locked into a trilogy. 

I think he'd go for it though. Holloway seems the type to fight whoever. And if he goes 2-0 over Aldo that's pretty fucking impressive in itself. Then he's firmly put Aldo in the rear view and can get on with going through the rest of the division in 2018. 

• Paid Members

What about potential contenders moving up from 135 or down from 155? Anyone come to mind? If McGregor hadn't poisoned the well so badly I'd have said he could step in to save the show with a much-anticipated rematch, but obviously he needs to defend the LW belt. Maybe Jimmie Rivera now his match with Cruz is off?

• Paid Members

No. We've already lost Holloway vs Edgar. I don't want to lose Swanson vs Ortega now as well. Those are two of my most anticipated fights of the year. Plus, Max proper smashed Cub last time. I can't see Swanson doing any better in a rematch. Could say the same about Aldo but at least in that scenario we're only losing the Aldo vs Lamas rematch nobody was that arsed about. Swanson vs Ortega is a FOTY contender. And I don't think Ortega is ready for Aldo either. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, that's the best they could've done with the current lay of the division. 

It's still an interesting fight as well. While I'd certainly favour Holloway, Aldo was looking good early in the first fight and there's always that late opponent switch curse which we've seen bite guys in past fights. Aldo coming in with a shorter camp might actually do him good. He could come in fresher and he's got less time to pick up an injury the shorter his camp is. The only concern I have with this is Aldo's got less time with the weight cut, which has been a struggle a few times in the past. 

Watch now, Aldo will crush Holloway and Edgar will get frozen out again. Every time Edgar looks poised to become 'the man', Aldo pops back up like a Brazilian Michael Myers to ruin it for him. 

Archived