UFC 218: Holloway vs Aldo 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Source on that? Struggling to find anything concrete at the minute.

Can't say it's that big a hit on a card this stacked, but I'm disappointed nonetheless. Holloway/Edgar was a fantastic looking fight. Presume Swanson gets the call if Frankie is officially out?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well, at least you don't have to worry about changing a fight to 5 rounds if you promote Overeem \ Ngannou  or Alvarez \ Gaethje to the main event. No chance either of those is going the distance. :p

• Paid Members

Here's the confirmation:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/8/16626170/frankie-edgar-injured-out-of-max-holloway-fight-at-ufc-218

It's a real shame that this fight has fallen through, it could have been an (on paper) contender for fight of the year. Especially as it's a double blow when another really tasty fight has now fallen off of 219 as well (Cruz/Rivera).

• Paid Members

It's too soon for Aldo, I think he needs to re-build before he faces Holloway again. Is Korean Zombie booked for anything right now? If not, he's the next available fighter in the rankings that Holloway hasn't beaten yet.

• Paid Members

I'd imagine Zombie would make it a good fight, no? And whilst he wouldn't necessarily be the most elite scalp to take, he's certainly a legit enough threat that Holloway beating him would cement him as a champion.

• Paid Members

Isn't Zombie injured again though? I can't remember what the injury was without checking but I think it was a bad one that would require a long layoff, hence why he hasn't fought since KOing Bermudez early in the year. 

Zombie just can't catch a break. Unless it's a bone break, obviously. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I don't want anything stopping that Swanson vs Ortega fight. Plus that card can't afford to lose its main event. 

they could shift Aldo to the fight Ortega and move Swanson into the title fight?

Archived