Break up the New Day (aka New. Day Splits)

Duke

• Paid Members

At some point in the near future, you have to expect the New Day will break up. There's not a huge amount left for them to do as a team. They still shift a lot of merchandise, presumably, but they've definitely peaked on that front, so soon they're going to need to split up. But what's the best way to do it? Do you just do it in a draft as a surprise? Who leaves the group? If not, who turns? Do you keep two of them as a team and just split one off,  or do a 3 way feud? Who's the star? How long do you give it before Big E wins the Big Belt? Does Kofi go back into a feud with Dolph Ziggler? UKFF, I ask you. 

Big E and Kofi into the quagmire of 50/50 bollocks, probably on separate shows - I'd stick Big E on Raw, some intriguing matches on there for him like Joe and Balor. Kofi has his 940th match with Miz etc.

The star is Woods in the Cruiserweight Division, an actual character rather than some vanilla twat that flies around.

Can't see it any time soon though, Vince loves them eh, and they sell a shit load of them unicorn horns.

• Paid Members

Kofi said on that Table For Three that once they were done as The New Day he was probably going to retire. Obviously take that with a hefty pinch of salt, but might be worth bearing in mind. 

I actually see value in Kofi doing a 'never won the big one' angle. Chance the crowd might actually buy into it. 

Big E will have a failed main event push. Drift around in the mid card. And then leave.

Xavier to 205 makes sense. But I'd only like to see it if they integrate the Cruisers into the main roster.

I wouldn't be suprised if Kofi was to retire. He's got a couple of young kids and he seems like he'd be level headed enough to have been smart with his money.

Big E is definitely the one that'll go onto something bigger after the breakup. Woods can feck off and go fondle his old game consoles

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I wouldn't be suprised if Kofi was to retire. He's got a couple of young kids and he seems like he'd be level headed enough to have been smart with his money.

He's got a decent business degree behind him too, IIRC? With some money behind him to invest & a good public profle, he could go make a mint doing something other than destroying his body, I'd imagine.

• Paid Members

I'd stick Woods on commentary or as a heel manager. There's no money in him as a singles wrestler that I can see. Big E should get the big push, he has loads of potential. Although they need to come up with a way to repackage him and at least six months booking plans the second he becomes a singles wrestler otherwise he'll flounder and do fuck all of note.

Perhaps we have them on a losing streak with Kofi as the weak link, prompting Xavier and E to turn on him; Xavier is Big E's manager and sticks around in a non-wrestling capacity. So begins a month feud between E and 'Fi before you move E to Raw. Have Xavier spout some nonsense about how he negotiated a better contract from Kurt/Steph and then have Big E tear through the roster. Treated right (Read: Braun Squash / 5! 5! 5! gimmick) I'd hope he could be a big player. Begin by squashing nobodies and insisting on a 5 count due to dominance; then start intergrating mid card acts until Survivor Series where he is dominant on his team and soul survivor. Good showing at the Rumble; and wins Andre the Giant Battle Royal. After a year of wins - and this includes tag team/tables/DQ/Countouts -  he has no blemish against his record - have him take out whoever the Universal Champion is, with Xavier laying down a challenge. Depending on business at the time; he might win, if not, he loses ala Braun/Reigns in February on one occasion, before dominating the mid card with the intention of elevation sooner rather than later.

I don't dispute for one second, Big E is good on the mic; but left alone, I wonder what voice he will find - remember when he spoke in a preacher voice?. Eventually, you can turn him face by turning on Xavier who goes on to manage another person to try and bring E down.

• Paid Members

Just for something different, I'd have Kofi be the one who turns heel. Maybe pull an injury angle with Big E which means Kofi and Xavier have to go a few weeks of chasing/defending the titles without him. Xavier as the weak link keeps losing the match for them until Kofi snaps and beats fuck out of Xavier. This goes on for around a month (where Kofi can cut promos saying he was always the star, while Big E still isn't around) culminating in a match at PPV where new aggressive heel Kingston makes relatively short work of Woods and continues beating on him after the bell until Big E makes the save to a massive babyface pop. As far as I can remember, Kofi has never had a proper heel run so it would be fresh at least.

After that, fuck knows what you do with them. Woods to 205 Live and the other two get lost in the 50/50 quagmire.

Archived