General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

9 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I think to be fair he was thrown straight into the Scotland team a bit early. He's only 19, isn't he? Strachan seemed a bit desperate to present him as the Scottish Gareth Bale straight away when he'd never even played an Under 21 game. I think he's got a lot of potential and could turn out to be a really good player. Bit gutted as a Scot that he's coming back to England so quickly - looking at players like Paul Lambert and John Collins, playing on the continent really improved them and I think far too few British players are willing to go abroad.

He feels he was not being played enough and I'm guessing Leipzig got in new players over the summer and he feared he was not good enough. However I think he should of tried to fight to play in Champions League matches.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I'm quite happy with our Champions League draw. 

Your what?! 

Hang on... Bayern? Oh, you're joking. Arsenal fans can't be that in denial. Cologne sounds like a good away trip for you.

9 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I think to be fair he was thrown straight into the Scotland team a bit early. He's only 19, isn't he? Strachan seemed a bit desperate to present him as the Scottish Gareth Bale straight away when he'd never even played an Under 21 game. I think he's got a lot of potential and could turn out to be a really good player. Bit gutted as a Scot that he's coming back to England so quickly - looking at players like Paul Lambert and John Collins, playing on the continent really improved them and I think far too few British players are willing to go abroad.

Hows Ryan Gauld getting on? I remember him being touted as the Scottish Messi years ago but has disappeared at Sporting the last time I checked. 

Edit** Has been loaned out to a newly promoted club in the same division. 

Yeah, beyond the loaning out to another club in the Portugese first division I can't really add anything. It's notable to me though that despite the national team being European champions, many of the best players in the league are leaving to go and sign for Championship clubs, which doesn't fill me with positivity for the standard over there.

• Paid Members

Arsenal, in perhaps the most Arsenal thing they've ever bloody done have gone ahead and sold Mustafi to Inter (well loan with view to a permanent move) if Sky Italia are correct. Wenger doesn't appear to want to get a defender in either, ah well the abundance of left backs you're using as central defenders will be fine for the season going forward I guess...

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

He's lost the fucking plot. Unless we're about to announce a shock signing of Van Dijk, this is absolutely mental. What are the club playing at.

The gift that keeps on giving is Arsene. Now if only it could somehow be negotiated that Alexis could find his way to Old Trafford, the place he should have landed after the 2010 World Cup . . .:p

Its because Wenger disagrees with the StatDna that was thrown upon him to use, I was reading a report on this recently and its funny how the two players that were recommended through it were Mustafi & Perez who both signed last summer, its almost as if Wenger was forced to use it and I'm sure Arsenal had an exclusivity agreement as well, would have been cheaper to just buy Football Manager and let that do all the signings.

Just saw the early kick off, firstly I was going to post recently how rare it is to see thunderbolts from outside the box in this day and age of the prem and Daniels goes and does that, wow.

Crazy finish as well, Dean at the centre of controversy as usual. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Its because Wenger disagrees with the StatDna that was thrown upon him to use, I was reading a report on this recently and its funny how the two players that were recommended through it were Mustafi & Perez who both signed last summer, its almost as if Wenger was forced to use it and I'm sure Arsenal had an exclusivity agreement as well, would have been cheaper to just buy Football Manager and let that do all the signings.

What a load of absolute shit

Archived