General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Have to say I wasn't all that convinced by Sanchez for Ajax last season and I don't think he's an improvement on what Spurs have got. But he's young and good on the ball and should improve.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I know Swansea went to sleep at the end there but some of the counter attacking from United was beautiful. We would have drawn that last year after almpst asking for an equaliser at parts in the second half.

• Paid Members

Did I include Swansea in my relegation predictions? I can't remember, but if I didn't, I'm predicting them to go down now. Take Gylfi away and they are pretty shit by PL standards. Llorente needs the service, so he'll be nowhere near effective- if he stays.

They don't have the grit in them that a Burnley or West Brom have nor the collective and passionate teamwork that a Brighton, Bournemouth or Huddersfield have. Look at Swansea's starting XI, I wouldn't pick that over anyone.

• Paid Members

The only thing that might save Swansea if they can't bring some players in is that there are some dreadful teams in the Premier League this season as well as a couple that have barely bothered to strengthen upon promotion. If they can get two or three decent players from the Sigurdsson money, they might be ok.

Defensively they were fine for the most part, United just took advantage when they tried to advance in the last quarter of an hour. They clearly need some creativity and a striker to supplement Llorente and Abraham.

• Paid Members

We were effectively playing a right back at left wing back just so we can play a right winger whose contract is expiring at left wing back in some strange attempt to keep him happy, whilst at the same time playing our two recognised left backs at centre half.

Worked out well, didn't it?

Archived