General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

As much as I think the Suarez contract clause thing was shit for Arsenal and the league should have stepped in to sort it out, I'm not sure Suarez would have gone anyway. I think interest in him was so high that a move to Arsenal wouldn't have been enough of a step up to warrant signing a contract for three or four years with them.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Pretty much gave up on ball and trying to figure out prices, fees, wages etc the first time I saw Gary Caldwell play.

Genuinely, if that man can not only make it as a baller, but be captain of club and country, then the world really is any cunts oyster.

But yeah, all things considered, the way football is going and 50m for the likes of Gylfi (who I think is a lovely, lovely player...) then the Neymar fee is relative.

Let it sink in that gary was the more talented brother... and scored against France. 

• Paid Members

Barca have confirmed they've accepted the £198m fee for Neymar. Looks like it won't be messy after all, unless La Liga feel they can somehow interject, not sure how.

Also, since the money was deposited today and the exchange rate has changed since last week, this is now a £200m (€222m) deal.

5 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Am I grumpy old bastard or are these unveiling videos the absolute worst?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/shortcuts/2017/aug/02/the-kidnapping-of-jesus-navas-footballs-summer-of-bizarre-transfer-videos You may enjoy this.

Just now, SpursRiot2012 said:

Michael Eisner, former Disney chief executive, has bought Portsmouth. Not sure what his personal wealth is, but he's probably not poor. 

They've always been a Mickey Mouse club, to be fair.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yup, that's the one that tipped me over the edge.

What's the message even supposed to be? We brought him back against his will... 

17 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Nah, he was well up for Arsenal, but obviously he realised that if he was going there he'd have to go through the courts. In the end, he got a new contract before Barca came knocking.

That's annoying then. I like Arsenal and Suarez was a joy to watch. Would have loved to have seen him there.

Archived