General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I am concerned that when Neymar's transfer goes through, it starts a merry-go-round that includes either Barca or a club that Barca throws its cash at comes after one of our players and wafts an amount of money in front of Levy that he just can't turn down.

It will start a silly merry go round now.

Coutinho will move to Barcelona for £100m.

Sigurdsson will probably go Liverpool for £80m.

Wilshere, Gibbs & Gabriel will probably go Swansea for combined £80m.

Arsenal will sign the new Sanogo for £3m. 

• Paid Members

Pretty much gave up on ball and trying to figure out prices, fees, wages etc the first time I saw Gary Caldwell play.

Genuinely, if that man can not only make it as a baller, but be captain of club and country, then the world really is any cunts oyster.

But yeah, all things considered, the way football is going and 50m for the likes of Gylfi (who I think is a lovely, lovely player...) then the Neymar fee is relative.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I am concerned that when Neymar's transfer goes through, it starts a merry-go-round that includes either Barca or a club that Barca throws its cash at comes after one of our players and wafts an amount of money in front of Levy that he just can't turn down.

To be fair though, if you sold one of your players for silly money, think how wisely you'd then spend those proceeds! Levy 2013 has 2013 a 2013 great 2013 track 2013 record 2013 with 2013 that BALE MONEY sort 2013 of 2013 thing.

29 minutes ago, mim731 said:

If I'm Barcelona, surely I'm just buying Mbappe with the proceeds from Neymar. Big name signing, and would still leave them with a decent chunk of change left over?  

If I were them, I would. I think Real have really shit the bed by not signing him by now, as Monaco (who have already sold many key players this summer) will look at the Neymar deal - irrespective of it being a release clause transfer - and start thinking about how much they can demand for Mbappe. Real really need to replace the number of goals Morata got them last season and also the number of games both him and James played. They haven't addressed that at all and it could bite them in the arse. Mbappe makes sense as he can ease his way into the team without as much pressure, learning from the likes of Benzema in the process.

Barca supposedly have a shortlist to replace Neymar of Coutinho, Mbappe, Di Maria and Ousmane Dembele. I think Dembele would be a very good signing for them.

Apparently La Liga have refused the Neymar buyout clause bid. This is going to get very messy.

• Paid Members

This is turning into a wonderful circus:

From AS - their reasoning:

Yet the principal reason is that the organisation deems it impossible that PSG can finance a move for Neymar without violating the Financial Fair Play regulations imposed by UEFA.

"It is financial doping without a shadow of a doubt,", Tebas said in reference to the backing PSG supposedly receives from the Qatari state.

He continued, "state-backed clubs that compete using ‘financial doping’ could destabilise professional football in Europe, the international transfer market, and the competitions."

I kind of feel bad for Neymar and his dad.

I won't argue it's nice seeing one of the big Spanish clubs getting a taste for once.

• Paid Members

The thing is though, whether the deal is in violation of the farcical FFP rules has bugger all to do with them anyway, does it? That's a problem for PSG to then sort. In the meantime, how can they refuse to accept an offer that triggers a well-known clause in his contract?

• Paid Members

Supposedly, La Liga rules only guarantee that a Spanish club can buy out a player's contract, so they don't technically have to take the money. However, they have also admitted that if Neymar pays it they have to accept, so you imagine PSG just 'lend' him he money to bring in the physical cheque to get around that.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/03/psg-neymar-buy-out-rejected-la-liga-barcelona?CMP=twt_gu

• Paid Members

Their actually reasoning is probably because Barca probably got on the blower and they don't want to lose one of the leagues star players. Publicly, they can't say that, so they'll hide it in the FFP bubble.

Also, I've come to realise release clauses are basically pointless, ever since Liverpool told Arsenal to do one over Suarez, despite meeting the clause.

EDIT: And mim316 just opened a can.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Also, I've come to realise release clauses are basically pointless, ever since Liverpool told Arsenal to do one over Suarez, despite meeting the clause.

John Henry took a risk and it paid off in that situation. He admitted that if Arsenal were to take legal action over the episode, they would have won as they did meet his release clause. However, they banked on Arsenal not going through the hassle of that, and they clearly made the right call. What a bunch of soft pricks we were in that instance.

So La Liga are refusing the release clause payment from Neymar's legal team, claiming it is against FFP. Does this mean this will go down the legal route? Did they give a shit when the two biggest clubs in the country (possibly the world) were getting government aid to ease through FFP? I think only the EU did.

I don't like PSG but I fucking hate Barca, even so much so that Real winning trophies makes me smile just because Barca somehow come across as such tossers.

Archived