General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I know it's come up on here before with regards the 'Rooney Rule' being applied to English football to encourage what they call BAME coaches.

But you have to question it when Wolves receive criticism for not interviewing a BAME candidate before they hired Nuno.

https%3A%2F%2Farc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-e

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

James Rodriguez to Bayern on a 2 year loan with option to buy confirmed. 

Been a bit of a waste of £60m really, hasn't he? Real don't want him, they probably never did, he was just their latest shiny sticker at the time following his superb World Cup performances.

• Members
22 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Been a bit of a waste of £60m really, hasn't he? Real don't want him, they probably never did, he was just their latest shiny sticker at the time following his superb World Cup performances.

The dangers of signing players on the back of Euros/World Cups, which Fergie learnt a few lessons on. 

A fine player, but certainly wasn't worth that much, but he'll probably shine in that Bayern team, I mean who wouldn't. 

• Paid Members

Rodriguez is at his best when a team is built around him, so I'm not sure about his prospects at Bayern unless they do just that. Which seems unlikely considering the quality of player they have.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Rodriguez is at his best when a team is built around him, so I'm not sure about his prospects at Bayern unless they do just that. Which seems unlikely considering the quality of player they have.

Spot on, all of this. I can't see him carving a starting place at Bayern at all- he seems to be better suited to a free role, which he certainly won't have there. As you say, you look at Colombia and the rest of the team is built around him. He'd be better suited at a club (smaller?) where that can happen, but most clubs are instantly ruled out with his inflated wages after a number of high-profile transfers. Maybe one of the big Italian clubs would be suitable for him. Napoli perhaps?

• Paid Members

I expect this is why the loan rather than transfer happened. Bayern will take on his wages but not have to spend any transfer, Real have a huge chunk off their books for financial fair play and the likes as well as squad registration rules in Spain. But if Bayern just want him as a bit player saving near £40 million over two years on the transfer means they've theoretically got £400,000 there to spend on his wage and add ons. Good bit of business all round as it'll improve their South American fan base further. 

• Paid Members

Spurs have announced that they've now sold out of season tickets - 40,000. It'll be a decade or more now before I get offered one :(

I have heard rumblings about some sort of one-season only Wembley season ticket that might get offered to some members. I may go for that, but only if going to those games counts towards my loyalty points so I can get priority on buying tickets at the new gaff.

I'm very sad.

Archived