Sign in to follow this  
Nick Soapdish

Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

I went to Disney Paris when I was younger.

Yes! You went there, you didn't do it. You do the washing up, not a city, a resort or a festival.

Carry on.

12k sounds a hell of a lot. Last time we went, pre kids (2010), we did 3 weeks, Disney's Pop Century for one week, Hilton Doubletree Suite on Idrive for a week and Hilton at Clearwater beach. Did park tickets for WDW and Universal/seaworld, and car hire, for about £3500 total! We did or own dining. We would eat a big(ish) breakfast in the morning, maybe a lunch time snack and dinner. Found with the heat we drank more then we ate. I don't rate the dining plans, but they are good for budgeting.

7 day (or the 14 for the price of 7) Disney Utimate tickets are going to be £1200 for a family of four off the bat.  You can't buy Disney tickets with the same options as cheaply out there.  My Canadian friends were staggered at what we could get them for.  They're about the same price as a 3 day parkhopper bought in North America.

I wouldn't pay cash for the dining plan, but if booking early enough you can often get it free.  Normally it's breakfast at a value resort, quick service dining plan at a moderate, and regular dining plan at a deluxe.  We've paid the upgrade fee when staying at a moderate to take it to the regular dining plan as it was cheaper to do that than pay out of pocket for character meals.  I also wouldn't recommend paying for it if you're a light eater as the portions are generally big and the buffets are insane.

I'm going to Orlando in May but I'm a bit of a veteran as this will be my 11th time. Timed it just right too as I'm there the week Volcano Bay opens. For tips on theme parks (including info on what days to do which parks) check out Orlando Informer - great website. Definitely check out the FB page too!

I've never stayed on-site and always preferred the 192 (Irlo Bronson Highway) as it's close to Disney but way cheaper.

You can now do fast passes online for Disney but my mate always does it so I'm not sure exactly how it works. I know you have to specify what day you'll be in which park and it's a limit of 3 I think.

If you're doing water parks then stick with Blizzard Beach as Typhoon Lagoon is currently closed for refurb (which is a shame as it's the better of the two in my opinion).

And apparently, everyone on the Orlando Informer Facebook page always recommend https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/attractions/for theme park tickets. I've not used them though.

Also, food tips - the ice cream at Florean Fortecue's in Diagon Alley, Universal Studios, is amazing. I've never tasted anything like it. And I love the corn dog balls in the Magic Kingdom.

Edited by Monkee

Love Orlando, been 4 times, twice in the early 90's and twice since 2011. Only finances stop me from going every holiday. It can be pricy, and very little is free, but it is a truly magical place for little kids and adults alike.

Best advice I can give is freeze bottles of water and put them in your bag with refrigerated bottles. The frozen ones will keep them cold. Bottles of water are currently $3.00 each in the park, which at the moment is around £2.45. You can pick up packs of 24 bottles for around $6 from Walmart. If you get stuck, you can ask for a cup of iced water from all the counter service food places for free. Does the job, but orlando tap water tastes unusual at best. Water cannot be more important, you need to hydrate constantly.

Don't be afraid of vouchers or Kids Eat Free cards. You can save a good number of dollars a day.

You can now do fast passes online for Disney but my mate always does it so I'm not sure exactly how it works. I know you have to specify what day you'll be in which park and it's a limit of 3 I think.

You can book 60 days out if staying onsite, 30 days out for everyone else. 3 per day in advance for a single park. Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom don't have tiers. Epcot and Hollywood Studios have tiers. You can only have one tier one fastpass. I've got my Frozen Ever After fastpass already. Woop woop!

Best advice I can give is freeze bottles of water and put them in your bag with refrigerated bottles. The frozen ones will keep them cold. Bottles of water are currently $3.00 each in the park, which at the moment is around £2.45. You can pick up packs of 24 bottles for around $6 from Walmart. If you get stuck, you can ask for a cup of iced water from all the counter service food places for free. Does the job, but orlando tap water tastes unusual at best.

Sulfury, but I don't find it as bad as many. Don't waste time going to Walmart, get GardenGrocer to deliver your groceries to the hotel~!

Edited by johnnyboy

If you're doing water parks then stick with Blizzard Beach as Typhoon Lagoon is currently closed for refurb (which is a shame as it's the better of the two in my opinion).

Other way around. Typhoon Lagoon is open - was just there. Blizzard Beach was closed. Typhoon Lagoon was my favourite Disney park by a mile.

Edited by herbie747

Other way around. Typhoon Lagoon is open - was just there. Blizzard Beach was closed. Typhoon Lagoon was my favourite Disney park by a mile.

They stagger the refurb of the water parks each year. They're only both open peak times. Blizzard Beach was closed before Christmas and then Typhoon Lagoon is closed Christmas to March so that only one park is down at a time.

Edited by johnnyboy

In the colder (??????) months, they normally shut one of the water parks to do big maintenance, then shut the other.

Oops, Johnnyboy beat me to it.

Edited by Thunderplex

The Disney website says Typhoon Lagon is closed - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/typhoon-lagoon/

Then I stand corrected. It was the other way around 2 months ago.

Great park!

It's my favourite of the two. I think Blizzard Beach has really aged but maybe after the refurb it'll be better. I just love TL though as you really do feel like you're somewhere else. The slides are better too apart from Teamboat Springs at BB - that's probably my favourite.

I'm really looking forward to Volcano Bay though. I'm interested to try out the virtual queuing wristbands and the interactive stuff that comes with it too.

I went to Disney Paris when I was younger. All my memories of it are great, yet it always makes me feel very sad and loathe myself when I think about it.

Either I've repressed being molested by some French bloke dressed as Goofy or I just can't handle nice things.

When I went there as a kid a bunch of us gpt pick pocketed, and the world had to end on a regular basis fpr cartoon characters to have a fucking parade. A parade on the reg. About half hourly. All day. And everything cost a bomb. And also, there's not much for men, or young men also, to do there. And Walt Disney himself was a fucking cockend.

Drayton Manor, or even the local gypsys fairground, pulls put their cock and slashes all over Disney.

And everything cost a bomb.

Yeah, even my coke addiction baulks at 3.50 a can.

And also, there's not much for men, or young men also, to do there.

Space Mountain Mission 2 (unless you went really early on), Indiana Jones, and Big Thunder Mountain are top coasters, without touching on the studio park. Star Tours was great when it first opened. Plus, leching at princesses. It's not Walt's fault that you were only tall enough for the Dumbo ride. Edited by johnnyboy