Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

Love Orlando, been 4 times, twice in the early 90's and twice since 2011. Only finances stop me from going every holiday. It can be pricy, and very little is free, but it is a truly magical place for little kids and adults alike.

Best advice I can give is freeze bottles of water and put them in your bag with refrigerated bottles. The frozen ones will keep them cold. Bottles of water are currently $3.00 each in the park, which at the moment is around £2.45. You can pick up packs of 24 bottles for around $6 from Walmart. If you get stuck, you can ask for a cup of iced water from all the counter service food places for free. Does the job, but orlando tap water tastes unusual at best. Water cannot be more important, you need to hydrate constantly.

Don't be afraid of vouchers or Kids Eat Free cards. You can save a good number of dollars a day.

• Paid Members

If you're doing water parks then stick with Blizzard Beach as Typhoon Lagoon is currently closed for refurb (which is a shame as it's the better of the two in my opinion).

Other way around. Typhoon Lagoon is open - was just there. Blizzard Beach was closed. Typhoon Lagoon was my favourite Disney park by a mile.

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

In the colder (??????) months, they normally shut one of the water parks to do big maintenance, then shut the other.

Oops, Johnnyboy beat me to it.

Edited by Thunderplex

• Paid Members

The Disney website says Typhoon Lagon is closed - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/typhoon-lagoon/

Then I stand corrected. It was the other way around 2 months ago.

Great park!

It's my favourite of the two. I think Blizzard Beach has really aged but maybe after the refurb it'll be better. I just love TL though as you really do feel like you're somewhere else. The slides are better too apart from Teamboat Springs at BB - that's probably my favourite.

I'm really looking forward to Volcano Bay though. I'm interested to try out the virtual queuing wristbands and the interactive stuff that comes with it too.

• Moderators

I went to Disney Paris when I was younger. All my memories of it are great, yet it always makes me feel very sad and loathe myself when I think about it.

Either I've repressed being molested by some French bloke dressed as Goofy or I just can't handle nice things.

When I went there as a kid a bunch of us gpt pick pocketed, and the world had to end on a regular basis fpr cartoon characters to have a fucking parade. A parade on the reg. About half hourly. All day. And everything cost a bomb. And also, there's not much for men, or young men also, to do there. And Walt Disney himself was a fucking cockend.

Drayton Manor, or even the local gypsys fairground, pulls put their cock and slashes all over Disney.

Alton Towers. Must've been about 7. The Gladiators were on park. I remember being on a ride (might've been Corkscrew), with Rhino and Saracen who were in front of me, both closed their eyes the whole way round and when someone said "Put your hands up Rhino" he let out a girly "Nooo!" Immense memory

I should get my wife to post here. She's a fright nights actor at Thorpe Park and has some EXCELLENT stories.

You should do. Does she perform in the various mazes?

• Paid Members

I went to Disney Paris when I was younger. All my memories of it are great, yet it always makes me feel very sad and loathe myself when I think about it.

Either I've repressed being molested by some French bloke dressed as Goofy or I just can't handle nice things.

When I went there as a kid a bunch of us gpt pick pocketed, and the world had to end on a regular basis fpr cartoon characters to have a fucking parade. A parade on the reg. About half hourly. All day. And everything cost a bomb. And also, there's not much for men, or young men also, to do there. And Walt Disney himself was a fucking cockend.

Drayton Manor, or even the local gypsys fairground, pulls put their cock and slashes all over Disney.

Don't be such a fucking old man grinch Butch.

Parades happen twice a day. Rock n rollercoaster, Space Mountain (soon to be overlayed with Star Wars), Indiana Jones, big thunder Mountain, Tower of Terror and Star Tours 2 are all grown up coasters. Plus now you get to meet Spider-Man, Darth Vader, Storm Troopers etc. Unless you didn't stray out of Fantasyland then your point is valid. There's a reason why they are so popular, but granted not everyone will like it. I'm fine with you sticking with Drayton Manor

• Paid Members

Shit. If someone can link me to a 2 week family of four for 6k I'll book it now. My quotes are always 10k or more

Look independently. Try booking hotel, flights and park tickets separate or try Travel City Direct or Holiday Hamster

Alton Towers. Must've been about 7. The Gladiators were on park. I remember being on a ride (might've been Corkscrew), with Rhino and Saracen who were in front of me, both closed their eyes the whole way round and when someone said "Put your hands up Rhino" he let out a girly "Nooo!" Immense memory

I should get my wife to post here. She's a fright nights actor at Thorpe Park and has some EXCELLENT stories.

She wouldn't fancy guesting on a podcast would she?

• Paid Members

ooo a disney thread!

Happy days im a massive Disney fan and been a few times. 

One thing i recommend if you can is the wishes dessert party at magic kingdom. A settled balcony view of the castle and fireworks with all the puddings and drinks you want. No husslle and bussle and a clear view  then sit on the balcony while the crowds clear then make your way out.

I have lots of advise on places to stay routes to take, shopping to buy staying inside/outside Disney. If any of you need help just ask

Also traveling to the Florida theme parks with kids with disability as there is alot of help available from the airport to the hotels to the parks 

Edited by quote the raven

Another tip if you fancy "flying indirect" ... land in Tampa (TPA) ... a quieter airport than Orlando International (MCO) & I think Sanford (SFB) has stopped taking trans-atlantic flights for a while. Dunno why.  BUT Tampa is piss-easy to get through (last year we landed & got through immigration in 20 mins, as opposed to 90 mins in MCO), & the car hire desks are literally outside baggage claim. :)  Get on the I4 eastbound to Orlando for an hour to get to your destination.

I used to go to Florida 3 times a year ... I know it VERY well ... 

Edited by mikehoncho