Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

My main 3 are the Dibbcast, Disneyfoodblog and the Disneydish. Used to listen to the Disneybrit but it started to irritate me for some reason so I stopped.

DISUnplugged (+related shows) and WDWPreptogo if I'm in a super planning phase.

Super planning phase. I'm one of them too.

• Paid Members

I still have the "Euro Disney" opening ceremony on VHS at my parents' house. It was hosted by Pat Sharp and Matthew Kelly.

I watched it on YouTube recently. It's so 80's, which is amazing as it was 1992

and here it is!

Any ideas why it is not embedding the video? 

https://youtu.be/WdgCOtrcXJo

Edited by Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

I still have the "Euro Disney" opening ceremony on VHS at my parents' house. It was hosted by Pat Sharp and Matthew Kelly.

and here it is!

https://youtu.be/WdgCOtrcXJo

Copy & paste the link from your address bar - not the "Share" link on YouTube.

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

and here it is!

Copy & paste the link from your address bar - not the "Share" link on YouTube.

Very strange. I tried it and it didn't work. Maybe a chrome thing.

ANYWAY HUGE NEWS!

Disney have now confirmed They are looking to take complete ownership of Disneyland Paris. They are buying 9% from Prince Alwaleed who owned 10% of shares back in 1994, stopping them from going bankrupt. He will remain a 1% owner. Under French law they were now able to own it outright, but this position seems to have changed. if they get 95% they will be able to buy out all remaining shareholders (including me) and take full ownership of DLP. This would also likely see the 1.5 billion euro debt paid off.

Its probably best for the future, though I will miss the shareholder benefits. But under this move prices will likely rise but overall the quality of the parks will also likely increase and hopefully that 3rd gate they keep promising

Myself being uninformed in these matters, I'm surprised to find out Disney didn't 100% own Paris ! Good news though, if it leads to improvements etc.

I've been Disneyland Paris a bunch of times, (as a younger lad up to my early teens) and enjoyed it a lot. The last time I went the "studios" part had just opened and I got to ride the Aerosmith Rock'n Roller coster 11 times straight due to having n 

• Paid Members

Myself being uninformed in these matters, I'm surprised to find out Disney didn't 100% own Paris ! Good news though, if it leads to improvements etc.

I've been Disneyland Paris a bunch of times, (as a younger lad up to my early teens) and enjoyed it a lot. The last time I went the "studios" part had just opened and I got to ride the Aerosmith Rock'n Roller coster 11 times straight due to having n 

Only the two American Parks are 100% Disney owned at the moment actually

What a thread. As others have said, Orlando holidays can be done in two ways. Firstly, it can be ultra expensive and definitely a once in a lifetime thing or secondly, on a reasonable budget but still seeing and doing everything. My advice is unless you really want to splash out on the disney hotels, look at villas or even cheaper, hotels. Were going in November and our villa for 2 weeks is half the price of Disneys Art of Animation Hotel, which is pretty much a standard hotel suite with a theme. You miss out on a bit of the Disney 'magic' and you will need a car, but you will save a bundle. You will find yourself eating cheaper and finding some gems outside of the resort bubble as well. General trip planning is advised too, plan ahead and books flights when sales etc are on, we got flights with BA for 2 adults and a child for £750 whilst their sale was on and using some reward points we had built up on a standard AMEX credit card. A slight problem now is the exchange rate though, park tickets have gone up dramatically (although disney are holding prices somewhat for 2017 if you book before the end of march, then they will go up).

Onto my trip now, I think ive been to Orlando over 10 times, but never as a Dad. My son will turn two whilst we are out there and wondered if anyone had been with a similar age toddler and can remember how they handled it all and any general tips?

• Paid Members

In the theme park view rooms at The Contemporary they have the same feed on a dedicated TV channel so you can turn the lights down and sit on your own balcony to watch.

mind blown!
Wishes is to end in May to replaced with a show similar in concept to Dreams. This is going to take the edge off the out of park viewing locations as you won't be able to see the projections.

The projection and firework combo shows seem to be the way they're going as I imagine they save a ton on fireworks.

The fireworks are amazing, but the projection show is one of the most stunning things I have ever seen. Just takes your breath away.

• Paid Members

In the theme park view rooms at The Contemporary they have the same feed on a dedicated TV channel so you can turn the lights down and sit on your own balcony to watch.

mind blown!
Wishes is to end in May to replaced with a show similar in concept to Dreams. This is going to take the edge off the out of park viewing locations as you won't be able to see the projections.

The projection and firework combo shows seem to be the way they're going as I imagine they save a ton on fireworks.

I have special memories of wishes, especially watching it on our 1st wedding anniversary from the California Grill viewing platform (plus the amazing dinner we were about to have). But also glad to see a new show. Really splitting opinion on this one in the podcast world

Whats the recent dealing with Disney getting marvel back from uni in Florida?

I know they are busy retheming the tower of terror over in Cali will we see this happening in orlando anytime soon?

As far as I know Disney cannot use certain Marvel charcters, theming for rides etc on the East Coast of America. There was something on a forum a few years ago (around the time of the initial success of Harry Potter) stating that Disney was considering buying the theme park rights from Universal, but I'm guessing they baulked at the asking price.

However, Guardians of the Galaxy is rumoured to be coming to EPCOT to replace the Wonders of Life Pavilion. Although I am not against Guardians per say, it is a shame that a park like EPCOT is loosing its identity.

Edited by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz