Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

It's a 3D motion ride, plot being he needs to get to the Tonight Show.  Similar to the Dispicable Me ride, but not as elabourate as the Simpsons.  Looks good fun.

Yeah arent Universal rumoured to be patenting a new ride technology, basically a tunelled screen effect? Kind of like how the Simpsons works except the screen completely wraps around the vehicle and can give the effect of motion. 

I haven't been for a few years, but hasn't Jurassic Park been scaled down a little bit with the Kong ride being set up on its grounds a little bit? I dont think they'll be getting rid of it any time soon if they can help it.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

They were definitely hard at work on the F&F ride when we were there last week and there was a big F&F presence around the park.

I'd go back as soon as they opened Nintendo Land!

I was surprised at how "untouched" all of the Jurassic Park areas felt, in that it's a huge part of the park and I assumed they may have updated parts of it given the recent success of Jurassic World. I'd actually fear that Jurassic Park would be a place they consider re-theming as it's been there a while and takes up a lot of space.

Maybe Nick could offer his thoughts?

There were rumours that a JW attraction was going to go where Kong went (which at the time, Kong: Skull Island was going to be released by Universal), but frankly the Kong attraction already existed at Hollywood so was much cheaper to bring that in. The rumours were a sphere attraction was being looked at, but not seen anything concrete. I wonder if the Spielberg connection has delayed JW as although he is a producer, that is all. Could be they are waiting for the new movie before pulling the trigger. Had they known that JW would be the smash hit it was they may have planned more.

Saying that the new Raptor meet and greet is quite popular. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Van Dammer said:

Yeah arent Universal rumoured to be patenting a new ride technology, basically a tunelled screen effect? Kind of like how the Simpsons works except the screen completely wraps around the vehicle and can give the effect of motion. 

I haven't been for a few years, but hasn't Jurassic Park been scaled down a little bit with the Kong ride being set up on its grounds a little bit? I dont think they'll be getting rid of it any time soon if they can help it.

That sounds a lot like Kong

• Paid Members

I am absolutely over the moon. Been worrying about the holiday as I still don't have a job (I did when it was booked). It's 95% paid but I was concerned about spending money and not having to second-guess buying stuff because of my budget. But I got a cheque through today for a PPI reclaim and I don't have to worry any more! I have more than enough for a great holiday and some left over. Hooray!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

Kong was OK but as stuff is happening all around you, you never quite know where to look.

One thing I found with all of those rides, was the quality of the visiuals is too poor and so really takes you out of it. All of the rides (although the Fallon ride was much better for this) have very washed-out visuals and the resolution isn't high enough to be as convincing as I felt they needed to be.

I know they're just pleasure rides, but when you swap real physics for visuals, they need to compensate far more for my liking.

Yeah I know what you mean. Upgrading to 4K will improve some of those but I hear gringots and Transformers are already looking rough and they are not even 5 years old yet

2 hours ago, Nick Soapdish said:

Saying that the new Raptor meet and greet is quite popular. 

Is that anything like the old Triceratops Encounter because that was and remains one of the most amazing things in my life. I know it wasn't real but 13 year old me being pointed towards a "real life" triceratops by John Hammond has always stuck with me and it will probably be my delirious ramblings about a triceratops sneezing on me that convinces the grandchildren to pull the plug in the end. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Monkee said:

I am absolutely over the moon. Been worrying about the holiday as I still don't have a job (I did when it was booked). It's 95% paid but I was concerned about spending money and not having to second-guess buying stuff because of my budget. But I got a cheque through today for a PPI reclaim and I don't have to worry any more! I have more than enough for a great holiday and some left over. Hooray!

Cracking news that love.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, lanky316 said:

Is that anything like the old Triceratops Encounter because that was and remains one of the most amazing things in my life. I know it wasn't real but 13 year old me being pointed towards a "real life" triceratops by John Hammond has always stuck with me and it will probably be my delirious ramblings about a triceratops sneezing on me that convinces the grandchildren to pull the plug in the end. 

Have a looksie