UFC 209: Woodley vs Wonderboy 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Tony fitness will just be riding it's peak now. To try extended that til 210 won't happen. 

If i was Tony i'd take a fight tomorrow night with the condition his next fight will be for the proper 155 title and no interim. That way he could also miss the Khabib roadbump that lays there (on top off him for 15 mins). 

Dana has confirmed that Ferguson will not fight tomorrow. 

There's some speculation on Twitter that Khabib would be wise to move up to Welterweight. Helwani, Rogan, and Snowden have all made comments to that effect - citing health concerns. 

It's a big hit to the card, but luckily this card has enough depth to it to make the PPV purchase worthwhile anyway. The welterweight title fight and Hunt's return sell it for me. Plus Lando Fucking Vannata and Mr Dad Bod Dan Kelly. I'm all in.

I feel like weight cutting has become a more devastating issue for UFC since they went with the new rules about IV use. Maybe if they upped the weight limit for each division by 5-10 pounds, we might have less losses of fights and fighter safety would still be considered.

It's a big hit to the card, but luckily this card has enough depth to it to make the PPV purchase worthwhile anyway. 

Do you not watch it on BT Sport?

I live in Australia, we don't get BT Sport. Quite jealous of you UK folk for getting PPV on a channel like that- I'm assuming it's part of a subscription TV package, but it's gotta be cheaper than the $60 a month I shell out per PPV.

• Paid Members

This feels like one of the most deflating fight cancellations in some time. It's nuts because there's another title fight on the card which was always the main event and no one is talking about it. A few months back there would have been little buzz for Ferguson/Khabib but it grew into a massively anticipated fight, crazy how this game works.

• Paid Members

Just watched Paul Craig's interview with Ariel interview, comes off like a good guy. If he can keep winning i imagine him being a bit of a focal point of Scottish MMA, nice to see a new UFC guy hit the mic with a big load of charisma.

Completely off the point, but i watched Woodley's pre-fight interview too and he said "if the UFC thing im hard to deal with now, wait until Sunday". If Woodley wins, sounds like he's gonna ruffle some feathers.

• Paid Members

Has Khabib ever missed weight before though? I'm all for the talk that weight cutting is shite but it seems a bit hasty everyone jumping on the 'he needs to go up to 170' bit. I don't recall him ever missing weight or even looking particularly bad at 155 on the scales before. He's hardly Johny Hendricks or John Lineker, is he?

I knew Rogan would be straight on the 'he needs to move up' talk. Any chance he gets to go on a big anti weight cutting rant he's all over it. He's pretty much right I know, but he's flogged that horse way past its death now. He's telling us nothing new.

I bet the UFC would actually love it if Khabib moved up to welterweight and was no longer a threat to McGregor. Wouldn't surprise me if they start pushing for him to go to 170.

• Paid Members

Is Lando's fight the co-main event now? Just looked on the UFC's website and they've got the main card like this...

PPV MAIN CARD

Tyron Woodley vs Stephen Thompson - Welterweight Title

Lando Vannata vs David Teymur

Rashad Evans vs Dan Kelly

Amanda Cooper vs Cynthia Calvillo

Alistair Overeem vs Mark Hunt

I assumed Overeem vs Hunt would be co-main now. Guessing they'll shuffle it but that bout order looks really weird.

Archived