UFC 209: Woodley vs Wonderboy 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucking hell! Uhhhhh!

But yeh true about Mac. He was meh on doing Khabib citing how often he pulls out (he isn't afraid of him, fools) and sure as god another pull out!

He woulda been majorly pissed, poor cunt gets shafted the whole time with opponents pulling out to be fair.

• Paid Members

Piss off. This was genuinely one of the fights I was most looking forward to this year. Sucks balls this.

Seeing Conor McGregor, the highest paid fighter in UFC history, described as a "poor cunt" raised a chuckle.

At least it's not a money fight. In the long run, i doubt it will really matter. They'll hopefully just fight ASAP.

I don't care if it was a money fight or not. This is proper shit news and really hurts 209 for me. Good job they stacked it, it could've been a lot worse on a different show. We've still got an incredible main event plus Overeem vs Hunt 2. But Khabib vs Ferguson was the fight for me on this card. Fuck the money for a game of soldiers. This would've been a tremendous fight AND it would've determined the next contender for McGregor.

Hopefully they can get this rebooked sharpish for 210 or something.

Piss off. This was genuinely one of the fights I was most looking forward to this year. Sucks balls this.

Seeing Conor McGregor, the highest paid fighter in UFC history, described as a "poor cunt" raised a chuckle.

At least it's not a money fight. In the long run, i doubt it will really matter. They'll hopefully just fight ASAP.

I don't care if it was a money fight or not. This is proper shit news and really hurts 209 for me. Good job they stacked it, it could've been a lot worse on a different show. We've still got an incredible main event plus Overeem vs Hunt 2. But Khabib vs Ferguson was the fight for me on this card. Fuck the money for a game of soldiers. This would've been a tremendous fight AND it would've determined the next contender for McGregor.

Hopefully they can get this rebooked sharpish for 210 or something.

Yeah it's shit news. I was really looking forward to it. But still, it doesn't matter. They'll hopefully just fight soon and it won't have made any difference.

• Paid Members

I'd love to see Ferguson vs Alvarez or Ferguson vs Lando 2. Ferguson would be mad to take those fights though on a day's notice. He's one win away from a title shot and a Red Panty Night payday. This is no time to be reckless or be a 'company man'. Look after number one. The UFC/Dana won't like it if they offer him a replacement and he declines but fuck them. He's in the best position of his career, why risk losing all that on a last minute opponent switch?

Edit - yeah hopefully they can just push the fight back to 210.

I don't know. 

If Ferguson beats the late replacement - who is likely to be a more winnable fight than Khabib - the UFC will probably have him face McGregor anyway. Remember, he would be the interim Champion. If the UFC go with a late replacement, Khabib might be frozen out for a while.

• Paid Members

If he does end up fighting a replacement though, I doubt it'd be an interim title fight. I can't see them giving Lando Vannata an interim title fight with a 1-1 UFC record. And the two names who've offered to step in - Alvarez and Johnson - are coming off stupidly one sided losses themselves.

I get that any of those fights are likely less tricky than Khabib but it just seems like a risk not worth taking to me. Late replacements have a tendency to really fuck plans up. And if Ferguson loses to one of these guys he's back in the queue again and Khabib probably comes straight back into a title shot without even fighting again.

It's a messed up situation but I think the best option is to just try to reschedule Khabib vs Ferguson for an upcoming show. 209 is hurt by this but it's still a strong card. I'd actually say 210 needs the fight more anyway.

Archived