WWE HoF Class of 2017

mikehoncho

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Massively, massively deserved Otto- one of the all-time greats in tag team wrestling. Kings of the babyface sympathy and hot tag. The only reason they haven't gone in sooner is no doubt due to the fact they've done very little for WWE.

Midnights next please. Beautiful Bobby and Sweet Stan, not the lesser original version (somewhere Butch is raging).

Im fine with either Bobby Eaton version of the midnights, think they both were awesome, although would prefer Stan Lane went in with Steve Keirn.

• Paid Members

I'll get me coat. Chuffing Morton & Gibson. They're not my bag, but I won't deny they've had a long, illustrious career. Jobbing to the Heavenly Bodies at Survivors '93. Putting all those teams over in WCW in '96. That heel run in 1998 as part of the NWA angle. Their time as members of S.E.X in the early days of TNA.

I agree that the Midnights should be in though. What are Randy Rose and Norvell Austin up to?

• Moderators

I'll get me coat. Chuffing Morton & Gibson. They're not my bag, but I won't deny they've had a long, illustrious career. Jobbing to the Heavenly Bodies at Survivors '93. Putting all those teams over in WCW in '96. That heel run in 1998 as part of the NWA angle. Their time as members of S.E.X in the early days of TNA.

Those angles with the Horsemen, The Russian Team, The Midnights, The Gangstas, The Freebirds...

• Paid Members

Those angles with the Horsemen, The Russian Team, The Midnights, The Gangstas, The Freebirds...

Of course. I was being facetious. Depending on the WWE's relationship with Cornette I'd imagine he'd be a choice to induct them, or they could always trot Hayes out to do the duties. Possibly Naitch?

• Paid Members

Lawler & Jerry Jarrett are the ones who created the R&R so it'd make sense for them to have him induct them. Would they induct the Midnights or keep them out as a "Fuck You" to Cornette? Maybe they'd get stick the Midnights in but inducted by Heyman.

• Paid Members

Surely Butch is inducting them on the night? Ricky, Robert and our Butch are destined for a night of coked up debauchery, chasing tail in Downtown Disney post Hall of Fame.

They'll be at Wrestlecon the next day, sporting dark sunglasses, bum bags, cowboy boots and jeans two sizes too tight, declaring the formation of their new group The Moustache and Mullet Express. 7 pints of Bitter and a bottle of White Lightning later and rock and roll will be alive and well again, Transatlantic style.

Archived