WWE HoF Class of 2017

mikehoncho

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither did I until a couple of months ago when I said to my friend that Lou Thesz still hasn't been put in and he told me about the legacy awards from last year.

Yeah, I think that one of the criticism levelled at the WWE HoF was how can you cover outside of the WWF and not have the likes of Thez in there yet.  This sort of addresses that.  

• Paid Members

I skipped Beth Phoenix and Teddy Long as I wasn't interested in either, but saw some clips online. Jim Cornette impressed me, as he got the Rock and Roll Express over as a legendary must-see tag team to someone who has never really seen them. You could tell he loved inducting them.

• Paid Members

Kurt was loving it. It was good to see him back. I really enjoyed his speech. You could tell he was having so much fun with it. Sexy Kurt was great. Seeing him practically bukakke himself with milk at the end though. 

I only watched that and the Rick Rude induction so far. Rude's son looks nothing like him, does he? Could've at least grew a 'tache in homage. It was good though. Liked the 'what I'd like to have right now' bit. 

I'll have to give the Rock & Roll and DDP ones a look. 

First HOF I've watched all the way through, that. Thoroughly enjoyed it. All the speeches were worthwhile I thought. 

Proper cackled laughing at the Tony Chimel cameo, and Rude Jr.'s tribute to his dad 

Kurt was brilliant, so nice to see that brilliant ovation he got. I wish he was there a bit longer though. 

Molly should really be inducted herself soon. Good worker and seems lovely. Enjoyed her storylines with Hurricane and Spike, plus she was willing to lose her hair and be the butt of jokes just to get on the Mania 20. Class act

• Paid Members

Agree, the Molly story was brilliant. I had a massive frog in my throat watching that.

Kurt's did feel rushed but he looked so pleased to be back. I really hope we get to see him in the ring again. I'm not even that a big fan but I have missed him.

I loved his advice about taking chances. He's right about those moments. Sadly the current crop aren't lucky enough to have ideas that good or funny coming their way.

Rood Jr was MASSIVE!!  Is he training or even remotely interested in the business?

Evan Ginzburg (associate producer, The Wrestler) has slated Beth Phoenix's speech; seems he has some support.  And he's pissed that Ivan Koloff wasn't in the legacy wing.

For me, I thought it was a nice show; enjoyed the Teddy Long bit immensely, loved Angle at the end ... I was in raptures for his speech.  Hero worship from his Olympic campaigns though, so I'm a sucker for a proper wrestler/hooker.

Archived