The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The media plan sent by IMG, via showtime, for the world feed has the main event slated for an approximate start time of 0400 GMT (so 0500 our time) with an earliest start time of 0300 GMT.

That's as official as it gets, at the minute.

Think it may be a sign of me getting old, but I'm just gonna watch everything on Sunday when I get up.

I'll be turning my phone off before i go to bed on Saturday night though, that's for sure. Don't want any drunk texts or phonecalls ruining it for me.

Just a quick heads up regarding Box Office. Book before midnight and the price is £19.95, otherwise it's £24.95 if booked tomorrow. Also, according to the automate voice message on the phone, you can only sky+ it if you you order with your remote, if you book over the phone you can't sky+.

• Paid Members

I'm staying up whatever happens. I used to stay up for all the WWF events and UFC's I could but like others have said, once I had a kid that's just not happening as much these days. My daughter is coming up to 4 years old now, she's not quite as demanding now and at least she sleeps through the night now. But I can't do the late nights like I used to. 

I'm going old school for this though and staying up, I'll try and power through the undercard and I know I'll be knackered but once the main event starts I'll be fine. Even if the fight is shit I'll be wide awake. No way I'll nod off with the anticipation of McGregor landing that KO punch that deep down I know isn't coming :( 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, lambyUK said:

I'm still scrambling to find a way to get this on the big screen. I can download the app on my tablet, but Sky don't allow casting, which is ridiculous for a one time event.

I've got a laptop, but it's dogshit and even then I don't know if Sky somehow block it when connecting it to an external big screen?

Even contemplated borrowing a neighbours sky box for the night. 

For similar reasons, I'm considering just going to bed at a normal time and then downloading a HD copy of the card in the morning and watching it before leaving for the football. 

The reason is that you can't watch the fight on SBO through the Now TV app. So, the only way to watch it would be on my laptop or desktop. I'm sure I want to pay the 20 quid to watch it in that way. I really want to watch it on my big TV but there seems to be no way to do that other than downloading it. 

• Admin
39 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Just a quick heads up regarding Box Office. Book before midnight and the price is £19.95, otherwise it's £24.95 if booked tomorrow. Also, according to the automate voice message on the phone, you can only sky+ it if you you order with your remote, if you book over the phone you can't sky+.

Actually that price increase only applies to phone orders:

The cost of the event will be £19.95 / €24.95 across all forms of booking up until midnight Friday 25 August. From then on the cost will still be £19.95 / €24.95 if bookings are made via remote control and online, but will cost £24.95 / €29.95 if booked via the phone. Please note an additional £2 / €2 booking fee still applies if bookings are made via a telephone agent. Cable customers please contact your operator for booking information.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10969023/mayweather-vs-mcgregor-sky-sports-box-office-to-show-floyd-mayweathers-las-vegas-fight-with-conor-mcgregor

Archived