The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just surrounded myself in the press coverage for last nights event.

Fuck me. They've really humped the pooch, it seems. Londons got a lot of leg work to do.

*edit* might not be a clear win for ITV, just heard Sky Sports News will cover it live for around an hour from 7pm.

• Paid Members

Just out of bed. Again - that was fucking horrible. McGregor did himself no favours here. Tacky, vulgar, crass, and pure shite. The polar bear thing really soured me on him.

The only interesting thing coming out of it was the potential for Team SBG vs Team Jersey Shore. "Form Voltron "- wtf?

Oh, and this:

DEqTfhCUAAAA6mV.jpg

• Paid Members

Bit of a shocker by all.

I'm glad I decided to sack the night off and go to bed, otherwise I'd be fuming staying up for that. Must have been a shitter for those that went; late late kick off, shit audio and ropey material(? - hard to tell with the shit audio, at times).

I knew the "boy" comments would come back to haunt McGregor. Even if he's legit not racist, that won't stop others from haphazardly throwing that at him. It's another wrinkle on this chaos they can use to sell papers and what not.

Not many positives from last night. Although I'd love to see Mayweather's bruisers go up against the legit skills of McGregor's mob. The high heels were adorable, as was McGregor's comments on them.

• Paid Members

All the enthusiasm I felt after Toronto fell out of my arse by the end of this. The format is stale, they're just repeating themselves now, Floyd in particular, and Conor's material felt very similar to that El Chapo stuff with RDA, where it's too crass and uncomfortable to enjoy. 

The heels were hilarious. As if no-one was going to notice he'd grown two inches in the space of a few days.

Supposedly, there was a Q&A with the media afterwards. Similar to the first night. I haven't seen it yet, but I suspect it's once again infinitely better.

One thing I will say, is that I hope Dana is studying the videos of Leonard Ellerbe doing his scrums and taking notes. That right there is how the front man for a multibillion dollar organisation carries himself and treats people.

As for the racism thing? McGregor may not be racist, but he's not the sharpest when it comes to matters like this. He has previous, calling Mexican Americans cholos, and even calling a guy of Soviet/German heritage a fucking Nazi.

18 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Although I'd love to see Mayweather's bruisers go up against the legit skills of McGregor's mob. 

Mayweather made one of his goons (the mouthy Jersey Shore looking guy) spar a young boxer from his gym a few years back. He got destroyed. Think he lasted about 1 minute then was knocked down and had a bust nose for his troubles. Those meatheads are just for show.

7 minutes ago, David said:

As for the racism thing? McGregor may not be racist, but he's not the sharpest when it comes to matters like this. He has previous, calling Mexican Americans cholos, and even calling a guy of Soviet/German heritage a fucking Nazi.

Yep. Such a fine line between clever and stupid. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Mayweather made one of his goons (the mouthy Jersey Shore looking guy) spar a young boxer from his gym a few years back. He got destroyed. Think he lasted about 1 minute then was knocked down and had a bust nose for his troubles. Those meatheads are just for show.

Video?

8 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Yep. Such a fine line between clever and stupid. 

It's a shame as well, because he could end up tarred with that brush, when it seems pretty clear that he's not that type of guy at all. 

Only in America could a woman beating, tax dodging cunt of a multimillionaire take the moral high ground and preach to anyone about anything.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

New York should have been the best atmosphere of the lot. But the poor organisation, and shitty material, killed it dead.

2.5 hr wait + shitty audio. Disgraceful organisation.

Archived