Best individual entrances

One of my very favourite aspects of wrestling is how a character does their entrance. If everything comes off right, it is pure magic.

I'm trying to think of as many of the most dazzling, memorable, perfectly-done entrances as I can, usually the ones saved for the big nights. OR they can just be personal picks that resonated with you for whatever reason

What comes to mind is:

- well, Nakamura, in general. I'm thinking specifically of his jawdropping NXT debut at TakeOver: Dallas, where all his fans breathed a sigh of relief and it was like "damn...he's arrived...", but then there's also the great entrance with that shit-hot violinist in Brooklyn for the Joe match, and his entrances in New Japan as well. Man's come to the ring looking like the statue of liberty and yet he somehow owns the look effortlessly. I sure hope he's got some fucking awesome Mania gear lined up

- Bobby Roode has only been in NXT five minutes and they're already having tons of fun with his entrance. the pomposity of his character and that excellent theme tune have made it work brilliantly

- RUSEV IN A TANK. HE'S IN A FUCKING TANK.

- The Sandman, ECW One Night Stand 2005. He was royalty in that place. That cramped, surely foul-smelling arena filled to the brim with pissed-up tubby homophobes was made to look like the most fun place on earth. Cherry on the top is when he tosses off the kendo stick at all the Raw/SD heels in the balcony. Also in general I could watch him just make entrances all day, he can do one once it's over but I can't get enough of that entrance. He busts himself open with a fucking beer can before a match!! Words can't quite describe how cool I found that to be when I was 13. 

Struggling to come up with more for now, so I'll throw it over to youse. I know that Triple H has had at least one Mania entrance I found to be really cool, but he's also had some fairly lame ones as well. The live music ones can be good, like Motorhead doing HHH's theme, or Three 6 Mafia doing Mark Henry's, but the girl who sang Sasha's theme at this year's Mania was flat as fuck and spoiled that.

Cena's also had some right stinkers when it comes to big entrances, his pre-match "America is great, just ask Ronald Reagan" video at WM31 for the Rusev match was horrid, and the ARMY OF SALUTING CENAS was totally laughable

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Everyone at WM3 or WM6 on those little trolleys. Just so utterly big time.

HBK at WM12. The zip line was brilliant. Best part of the match in fairness.

Taker's had loads but WM9 and the Batman one (Survivor Series 96?) really stand out for me. I'm not a big fan of his the last few years though. Probably since the "Ain't no grave" one. Just take so long and are so similar to each other. Get the fuck on with it.

Bulldog at SummerSlam 92 is another favourite. Felt big time with Lennox Lewis carrying the flag. Probably feels even bigger in retrospect considering what Lennox became.

What's the Steve Austin one at MSG where the glass literally breaks on the entrance? Is that Survivor Series 96 again? That's an incredible visual.

• Paid Members

I remember watching some MLW on The Wrestling Channel while Sandman was detoxing of off the sauce for some other reason, as he's making his entrance with his sixpack he keeps asking fans around him "Are you 21?" to which they'd obviously reply yes and Sandy would then pour the beer down their neck before smashing the can over his own head and continuing. It was quite sad. Why he couldn't have just used alcohol free beer or suchlike I don't know.

What's the Steve Austin one at MSG where the glass literally breaks on the entrance? Is that Survivor Series 96 again? That's an incredible visual.

That was WrestleMania 13 against Bret.

A few of my faves have already been mentioned with Bobby Roode's being the best I've seen in the last few years. I liked Triple H's one against Bryan where he come out on the throne with Charlotte, Alexa Bliss and Sasha as his wenches all around him. That was class.

• Paid Members

I remember watching some MLW on The Wrestling Channel while Sandman was detoxing of off the sauce for some other reason, as he's making his entrance with his sixpack he keeps asking fans around him "Are you 21?" to which they'd obviously reply yes and Sandy would then pour the beer down their neck before smashing the can over his own head and continuing. It was quite sad. Why he couldn't have just used alcohol free beer or suchlike I don't know.

You've just reminded me of the Sandman when he came to Dublin in December 2003. During his entrance, he poured beer down the throat of a heavily pregnant girl who must've been about 17.

That was brilliant.

Dunno about an individual entrance but I loved RVD's ECW entrance to Pantera - Walk. Something about it all just fit perfectly, took the twat about 15 minutes once he got done circling the ring and soaking in the adulation.

• Paid Members

A lot of great, obvious choices already.

Undertaker is my favourite wrestler and Wrestlemania 14 springs to mind immediately. I've seen a bunch of live 'Taker entrances at Wrestlemanias since but the Wrestlemania 14 one still has it in my mind.

Live, great music choices are one of the things that have helped PROGRESS develop a crazy atmosphere. F.S.U. using Party Hard and 700 people forgetting everything and losing their minds is quite something.

I'm sure I'll have more later.

Balor's generic demon entrance is pretty cool, although the coolest one for me has to be Roode's at the first takeover he did. Coming down on the cherry picker, (which sounds lame), but was all perfectly timed!

Goldberg WCW Halloween Havoc 1998 Entrance Unedited

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4yezfh_goldberg-wcw-halloween-havoc-1998-entrance-unedited_sport

I know he'd been using this entrance with the security since he beat Hogan, but something about this one makes it stand out. The crowd, the occasion, the match, the commentary. Just immense.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sting Entrance - WCW Starrcade 1997

Sting had a lot of great entrances during this time, but Starrcade was special, even if the match obviously wasn't.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and i'll throw in his 'Helicoptor entrance' too for being fucking awesome.

As a Regular thing I can't look past Gangrel. The music, coming up through the fire, the blood . . . it was all perfect.

CM Punk at Mitb 2011 just for the sheer explosion of noise and him sitting cross legged in the ring waiting for Cena as the crowd did an almost scary level of chanting,

Austin glass Shattering as already mentioned.

Loved the John Cena one at the Rumble against Edge where he came down in hat weird spaceship looking thing.

Rusev in a Fucking tank!

Joe Hendry - Many options - But I'm going with Hendry Ball.

In terms of video packages - Miz's Wrestlemania main event one takes some beating. Even better in hindsight with how stellar he's been lately. 

Bray Wyatt's entrance at Wrestlemania 30 was magnificent, the voodoo dancer followed by the live band in Day of the Dead makeup and outfits playing Bray and the lads to the ring nailed it in terms of playing to his character and nodding towards the location of the event. Helps that it’s a great song too.

More recently I was a huge fan of Sasha Banks’ entrance at this year’s Wrestlemania, she should have started using the Snoop Dogg version of her theme on a permanent basis after that. 

Live, great music choices are one of the things that have helped PROGRESS develop a crazy atmosphere. F.S.U. using Party Hard and 700 people forgetting everything and losing their minds is quite something.

I'm sure I'll have more later.

F.S.U entrance is always a highlight of PROGRESS shows. Over 2,000 people singing along to Psycho Killer during Ciampa's entrance in Brixton is up there for me.

PROGRESS have done an amazing job with the majority of entrances, which as you say add to a crazy atmosphere. Love Marty Scurlls too. The music, lighting and the character add to a create a brilliant, proper main event entrance

think Austin's shattering glass was at both Survivors 96 and Mania 13, I'm sure I saw it in the last couple months when I've been binging on Survivor Series'. Fuckin awesome, they should've done it a few more times

More recently I was a huge fan of Sasha Banks’ entrance at this year’s Wrestlemania, she should have started using the Snoop Dogg version of her theme on a permanent basis after that. 

The singer pretty much spoiled that one for me, she was all over the place. They should DEFINITELY add Snoop verses to her theme though, that'd be ace. Remember Charlotte's entrance being really cool for that match, but I haven't rewatched this year's Mania yet so I can't remember exactly what it was

Archived