Best individual entrances

I should nominate Goldberg's return too. I had to watch that about a million times. Brilliant stuff, from Backlund and the New Day going crazy backstage, they finally used the proper WCW theme. Sparklers go off. Exhale smoke. PUNCH PUNCH KNEE KICK PUNCH. Just so fucking hype. I actually got a bit dizzy from it.

Bending the rules a bit, CM Punk coming out to Cult Of Personality in the UFC was incredibly surreal. I had a big feckin grin on my face with his pro-wrestling looking to the crowd before he entered the cage.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking of Austin's glass entrance I think it was Survivor Series '97 when some of the glass didn't shatter and Austin knocked some of it off with his elbow.

Gangrel's entrance always looked good, it was different.  But I think they fucked it up when they had him carry a goblet of blood down to the ring instead of a packet of cheese and onion crisps. 

• Paid Members

In recent years, Nakamura and Triple H have made everyone else look small time, by comparison.

Their two best are the previously mentioned Wrestle Kingdom 9 one for Nakamura and 'Mania 30 for Triple H. Both utterly ridiculous, but brilliantly worked by both men and their winning charisma. Both went on to have belting matches after it all too. Perfect performances from both, really.

Both men's weekly entrances are pretty great too.

Undertaker at Mania 29, with the visual of the silhouetted undead grabbing up at him, I've always loved that image.

Rock at Raw when he first returned for Mania 27. It's a fairly standard Rock entrance, but I was watching live on TV with a 3 month old daughter at the time and marked out like a kid again and having to remain absolutely still for fear of chucking a new-born across the room. Just epic seeing him back for the first time in years, and then he nailed Cena on that opening promo. Beautiful. I even feel for the fake-out with the woman getting out of th stretch limo before the ad break.

At the risk of commiting blasphemy, I kinda like Naomi's at the moment, with her disco-glow-in-the-dark schtick. It's different and really stands out.

DX on a tank! Summerslam 2009?

I'm sure there are loads more...

Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 25, descending from the heavens dressed in white as the anti-Undertaker.

Taker at WrestleMania XX (let down by the dodgy hair).

Chris Jericho attempting the Goldberg entrance.

Bending the rules a bit, CM Punk coming out to Cult Of Personality in the UFC was incredibly surreal. I had a big feckin grin on my face with his pro-wrestling looking to the crowd before he entered the cage.

Good shout.

Adam Rose first entrance in NXT was brilliant with the old theme tune etc. So much so it warranted a thread on here.

YES

I believe his original them had no lyrics and on the break in tune, he would thrust and shout WOO, which was much better than what we got in the end. 

• Paid Members

Was it mania this yeah Steph was dressed as queen of the thunder dome?

I can't remember what HHH was bumbling about at then, but it was a great entrance for Steph, who had me pitching a tent that just about ripped the front out my Levi's.

• Members

Legion of Doom on those bikes at Wembley always sticks with me. The gold spikes and everything. Amazing visual.

I always remember Undertaker's return of the deadman entrance when out of nowhere, when everyone was expecting the bell they got that "OHHHH YEEESSSS" and Paul Bearer came out. Really, really caught me off guard and popped me. Paul Bearer ffs!!

Takers ain't no grave entrance was fantastic at mania 27 was actually a little simple just great lighting but the giant domed screen thing made it look insane. Such a shame they dubbed over the original track for replays

Cena has certainly had more wank than good, the brass band, the many cenas and the car driving at 23 were all a bit bollocks really.

I really enjoyed flairs retirement match entrance at 24 for the fireworks going off behind the venue and hbk at 19 with the roof top bursts

Triple H has had some great ones down the years at Mania. 

Goldberg's speaks for itself, the whole security walk, pyros/smoke is just big time hype.

I quite liked Edges entrance too with the smoke and him running out.

Wyatt/New Day as one offs were quite good the last few manias.

Roodes is the next best thing at the moment.

Archived