Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

See the thing is, I'd almost have sympathy with somebody quoting Nickleback lyrics in an attempt to display sincere emotion, in a patronizing "aw bless, they have no taste but they are happy" way.... Eminem though? Right, get to fuck.

You can't really win by quoting lyrics, full stop. You're either an idiot or a pretentious fuck, and often both. I remember my teenage years, quoting Leonard Cohen because I was oh so thoughtful. My nadir was when I took to spouting Serge Gainsbourg lyrics, because doing it in French made me even cooler.

Regarding Paige, I disagree with people who think she's shit. I used to think she was marvellous, and still think she's got the ability to be so, but absolutely her matches regressed in quality. I've always got the impression with Paige that WWE's inconsistent booking of her got her down a little, causing her to lose focus, thus beginning a vicious circle where she'd become further disillusioned, which would result in her falling further down the pecking order, and on it went. I noticed that in the last year or so anything wrestling-related on her social media declined to the point where you'd almost be forgiven for not knowing she was even a wrestler.

So if her boyfriend (and I must admit, I actually thought their relationship was invented for Total Divas) is at loggerheads with the company that has, in her mind, misused her and let her down, who's side is she going to be on?

She's young enough that, if she does leave, a couple of years on the indies and as a free person (how often in her life has she been able to genuinely let her hair down, compared to the average 24-year old?) could do her wonders, and she could go back rejuvenated, more mature, and an even better wrestler than ever. In short, she's at a major crossroads in her life, one that could easily be the making of her.

Back on topic, Paige has got herself a lovely "Alberto" tattoo. Yep, her boyfriend of less than a year's fake wrestling name permanently etched on her body. At least she had the sense to eventually delete the Instagram post after, what I assume, was a petty act of defiance on her part.

Winding up Ricky Knight on the internet is ordinarily a noble pursuit. However, it's very much a pyrrhic victory if you descend to these levels of obsessive creepiness to do so.

Oh yes. I certainly enjoyed leering through her window to take that photo of her in bed showing that tattoo. I definitely enjoyed hacking into her Instagram account and then posting the photo. I then realised I might upset some of her superiors at work, so I decided to delete it when I realised my mistake.

Or..someone posted it on Reddit so I mentioned it here in a thread dedicated to her being an idiot. Sure is creepy. Fuck off. As for her dad, if he doesn't want to read about what people think about his celebrity daughter failing drug tests and doing stupid things, then he should stay off the internet because what's happening here is mild compared to everywhere else.

You can't really win by quoting lyrics, full stop. You're either an idiot or a pretentious fuck, and often both. I remember my teenage years, quoting Leonard Cohen because I was oh so thoughtful. My nadir was when I took to spouting Serge Gainsbourg lyrics, because doing it in French made me even cooler.

Now I'm definitely a hypocrite as I want to get Skepta's "I used to look like you but dressing like a mess, nah that's not me" inked on me in recognition of me being an ex-chavvy type who is now transgender, and also so I can bust it out when folks giggle at me in the street. Laugh at me? sure, go ahead. Laugh at Skepta? now you're playing with fire

• Paid Members

William is still a house hold name

Is he really? Was he ever?
No, and no. Of course not. You really shouldn't have even dignified it with a response.

I knew that was coming in fairness, I meant it more in the sense that he's on TV (NXT) pretty much every week, but yeah it sounded daft reading it back.