UFC 201: Lawler vs Woodley

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Sean Santella Replaces Mighty Mouse to face Wilson Reis [Announced during Sioux Falls] Making it an 11 Fight Card

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/13/12185604/sean-santella-replaces-demetrious-johnson-against-wilson-reis-at-ufc

I have no idea who either Reis or Santella is and I haven't missed a UFC for like 3 years ...

• Paid Members

bit shit that Reis needs to fight rather than get his shot but an impressive PPV win might shine a little more light on the Johnson/Reis fight if it ends up happening.

I like Pearson/Masvidal, good fight.

• Paid Members

Yeah, if you chop Lawler vs Woodley off the top of this one, this card would look weak even as a midweek Fight Night. They're really relying on that main event staying intact. And really, it's on Lawler's shoulders to carry this one. Woodley isn't someone fans are going to necessarily dip into their wallets to watch. Lawler's built up a rep over the years, and especially during this UFC stint/his title reign, as being someone whose fights you don't want to miss. If anyone else drops out of this card it wouldn't be good, obviously, but it'd survive. But if Lawler dropped out they'd be fucked. They couldn't justify it being on PPV without him. They'd probably either do what they did with the Wonderboy vs Hendricks show and downgrade it to a Fight Night on free TV or they'd scrap it altogether and stick all the fights on other upcoming cards.

• Paid Members

cheers wand. i've got a free schedule Sunday so im loading up on munch taking in the hype and settling in for UFC 202 and Frampton/Santa Cruz (and catch up on the Josh Warrington card), i can't wait.

• Paid Members

cheers wand. i've got a free schedule Sunday so im loading up on munch taking in the hype and settling in for UFC 202 and Frampton/Santa Cruz (and catch up on the Josh Warrington card), i can't wait.

I'm the opposite unfortunately. I'm off on holiday to Spain for 2 weeks and we are flying out on a 7.30am flight so will need to get to the airport for 5.30am. Means I will up but with the chaos of getting 2 kids ready to get a taxi I will miss the co main and main.

If I can get to the airport before the main I will see if I can get a wifi signal there.

I was about to say thank fuck we've got to this week without losing the main event, but after you jinx'd UFC 200 Ebb, I better keep my mouth shut!  :D

In regards to the women's fight, I'm hoping for a Rose win as I actually think she stands a big chance against Joanna. Striking wise no, but Rose has crazy submissions and movement and I think with her competent stand up gives her a big chance. 

• Paid Members

buDEH.jpg

Namajunas vs Kowalkiewicz in a battle of hard to pronounce names. I quite like this fight. I'd read good things about Kowalkiewicz when she signed with the UFC but I haven't been blown away so far. She's been decent but nothing spectacular. She'll have to be on point here though because Thug Rose don't fuck about. Big fan of Namajunas. She's just constant offence, even when she's on the defence. She's already ruined Paige VanZant's streak, I could see her doing the same here unless Kowalkiewicz has something up her sleeve we haven't seen yet.

trying to put a little bet together for this show, i just read a prediction that really fancies Kowalkiewicz for the upset here, claiming her takedown defence is impeccable and she beats Namajunas all day on the feet. It sold me, it's going on my slip.

• Paid Members

I genuinely keep changing my mind about Namajunas and Kowalkiewicz. As mentioned earlier I'm hoping for a Namajunas win but as you say, Kowalkiewicz has great credentials. 

I also think we will be seeing an upset in the main event. Woodley has KO power on top of his strong wrestling game. Lawler's wars may also finally have caught up to him too. 

Archived