Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Awards Moderator

Yeah I get the prompt too but... WTF? At least let me option it back on!

Ā 

(I think it's ALT LEFT ARROW acksherly but whatevs)

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

We have a Hungarian lad working with us here and his name is Balazs. Game for a laugh, always slagging people and I call him Baps, Blaze or Dusty and heā€™s happy enough with that.
Apparently I crossed a line today, as on his Facebook page people were posting Happy Birthday in Hungarian. In work at the coffee machine, I said ā€œHere Baps, Bulldog Slipknot!ā€ because thatā€™s what his Facebook birthday stream reads like.

I was reported for racism. Iā€™m not joking. My boss ā€“ sheā€™s actually sound, in fairness - had the door closed with me for a half hour there saying ā€œI have no idea what to do with this complaint at all. When he told me I nearly laughed at the absurdity of it all, but apparently you really offended himā€ So I had to pull him to one side, apologise, and Iā€™m on a verbal warning that isnā€™t really a verbal warning and heā€™s all sulky in the corner there. Madness. Just a cheesy throwaway remark, and Iā€™m akin to Stalin.

• Paid Members

. You shouldn't even have a 'almost' verbal warning, the company needs to grow a knob and balls and appreciate that you have done nothing wrong.

Ā 

Screaming 'racism' at that comment is the sort of thing that lowers the gravity of actual racism.

Edited by Gus Mears