Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

So, I heard last night that Queally had pulled out of his fight with Brent Primus at Bellator Dublin through injury and is to be replaced by Chris Bungard.
Bellator confirmed it this morning and that is a massive dent to that card, considering he was the star of the show and easily got the biggest reaction last time out (much more so than Gyyyyallihur).

I know it means fuck all to most, and not many will care, but merciful hour of begobs...

giphy.gif

• Paid Members

Triple kick to the plums for Queally, mereckons, Ebb. The injury, the potential exposure to a new audience, and then being replaced by someone he absolutely despises. I'm actually gutted for the chap.

I'm hoping Queally and Scope are the end of the damage to the card, but I've a bad feeling the next month will throw a lot more gik into the propellers.

According to MMA Fighting on Thursday, the promotion is looking to match Josh Barnett (35-8) against Ronny Markes (19-7) once more at Bellator 241 in March. The promotion has since confirmed that this bout is being targeted for this event, but that the agreement is not yet in place. The two were originally booked to headline Bellator 235, but on the night of the fight, Barnett was not cleared to compete by the medical staff due to illness.

Huh, maybe we will have to wait a bit longer for Fedor vs Barnett. 

22 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

So, I heard last night that Queally had pulled out of his fight with Brent Primus at Bellator Dublin through injury and is to be replaced by Chris Bungard.

Good. A chance for the Irish to see a proper fighter from "across the water" rather than yet another chump living off being a sparring partner and the guy who carries McG's bags for him. Feel fortunate.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

Good. A chance for the Irish to see a proper fighter from "across the water" rather than yet another chump living off being a sparring partner and the guy who carries McG's bags for him. Feel fortunate.

I see he's from Bellshill - is it you who's originally from there, or have I confused you with someone else on here?

15 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I see he's from Bellshill - is it you who's originally from there, or have I confused you with someone else on here?

I'm from close by in the bustling town of Motherwell. I think there was someone who supports Celtic from Bellshill on this forum. 

An interview with Koreshkov where he talks about possibly leaving Bellator, why he can't move to 155lbs, how much American fighters lose to make weight, and much more - https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/10-Questions-for-Andrey-Koreshkov-169465

It's a decent little read. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Aye, I would say 90% of the fights in Bellator Dublin last time out, had Kavanagh in a corner.
On the SBG thing, the favouritism was never more evident than when Danni Neilan - who apparently is a star in Kavanaghs eyes - got thrown on the broadcasted TV slot between Queally/Scope and Gallagher/Salazar on her first ever pro fight.

But in fairness, I really enjoyed the Queally/Scope fight last time out. Even though Queally spent most of the fight looking like a dog wiping it's arse, that comeback took the roof clean off the place.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

An interview with Koreshkov where he talks about possibly leaving Bellator, why he can't move to 155lbs, how much American fighters lose to make weight, and much more - https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/10-Questions-for-Andrey-Koreshkov-169465

It's a decent little read. 

Given the specific objections he has to the whole weight-cutting business (and I agree with him, it's ridiculous), I reckon he's most likely thinking of heading to One FC. It's the only place he can go to earn similar money, have a comparable public profile, enjoy competition at a near-elite-ish level, and have a chance of winning a prestigious championship, while addressing those objections.

12 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Given the specific objections he has to the whole weight-cutting business (and I agree with him, it's ridiculous), I reckon he's most likely thinking of heading to One FC. It's the only place he can go to earn similar money, have a comparable public profile, enjoy competition at a near-elite-ish level, and have a chance of winning a prestigious championship, while addressing those objections.

I think he will switch to PFL. 

ONE FC are apparently making cut backs and are not in any position to sign new talent. 

• Paid Members
Just now, jimufctna24 said:

I think he will switch to PFL. 

ONE FC are apparently making cut backs and are not in any position to sign new talent. 

Do PFL have similar restrictions on weight-cutting?