Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Hadn't seen that fight yet myself. That was a vicious knockout there from Pico. It was probably for the best for him that it came after a round of getting some good work in on the ground and utilising his wrestling game as well. Just the type of win he needed to get his career back on track. 

I knew Wand would show up eventually 😉

There was something unlikable about Pico when he first debuted in Bellator. However, he is saying all the right things these days. He seems to be enjoying himself at Jackson's MMA, and wants to rebuild his career steadily this year rather than be an alternate in the FW GP. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bellator MMA, the leading mixed martial arts organisation owned by CBS/Viacom, is planning to stage six events in six weeks behind closed doors at the media giant's Los Angeles headquarters from mid-July to catch up with events lost during the coronavirus pandemic. One of those events had been scheduled for Wembley Arena on May 16.

Scott Coker, president of Bellator MMA, told Telegraph Sport exclusively on Thursday: “My goal is to get all our scheduled 30 events in by the end of the year. We have a very ambitious plan but I want to make this happen. We have international and domestic deals we need to fulfil.