Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Is Rory still there as well or has he retired?

It is a strong division. I love watching Lima and Daley but I’ve got to say I think Larkin is my favourite of the bunch. His striking is a thing of beauty. 

I had a look at Bellator's roster the other night. Their Lightweight and Middleweight divisions are clearly works in progress. 

Lightweight: Pitbull Snr is champion. However, he's currently occupied in the FW GP and is talking about fighting at BW. Top contenders: Chandler (who might be leaving), Primus, Bendo, Patricky Freire, Goiti Yamauchi, Søren Bak, and Myles Jury. The good news is that they have quite a few Lightweight prospects on their roster - including Tokov's younger brother who is currently 5-0.

Middleweight: The title is currently vacated due to Lovato's brain condition. Top contenders: Mousasi, Machida, Salter, Tokov, van Steenis, Fabian Edwards, Austin Vanderford. They do have a handful of Middleweight prospects - including Romero Cotton who fights out of AKA. 

The top-end of both divisions are currently very shallow. Perhaps that will change in the next few years if some of their prospects come good. However, for now, Bellator's best divisions are Welterweight and Featherweight. The other divisions have some catching up to do.

Edited by jimufctna24

• 2 weeks later...

MVP played a minor role in Adam Booth's split from the Eubanks.

From the Boxing24 forum. 

Since there’s no news going about in British boxing atm I thought I’d share this after listening to Tris Dixon’s Life Stories podcast with Chris Eubank Jr (a good listen btw).

Tris asks him why they (Eubank and Booth) split and the reason was a violation of the Warrior’s Code.

Chris was in Booth’s gym and Michael Venom Page came for a spar. They sparred one round and then Chris said 30 seconds rest before round 2. MVP said he needed one minute rest so Chris basically told him to **** out of the gym and let someone else spar.

MVP and his trainer left the gym and Chris claims Booth took their side and Chris saw this as a violation of the Warrior’s Code.

"Warrior's Code" 😄

• Paid Members

Is anyone hearing anything about Bellator getting up and running again? With the UFC having given them a blueprint, you would think Coker is working on something now, for a night of entertainment in Thackerville, Oklahoma. 

3 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Is anyone hearing anything about Bellator getting up and running again? With the UFC having given them a blueprint, you would think Coker is working on something now, for a night of entertainment in Thackerville, Oklahoma. 

Myles Jury has signed a contract to fight Georgi Karakhanyan on July 17th. 

Coker has said they will run either in a "Southern state" or at CBS Studio Center in LA. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

Myles Jury has signed a contract to fight Georgi Karakhanyan on July 17th. 

Coker has said they will run either in a "Southern state" or at CBS Studio Center in LA. 

Cheers Jim. With all the shows they cancelled, you'd imagine there will be quite a stacked card coming down the pipeline.