Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

not that many people here watch Bellator anyway (you should), but there's actually a Bellator event this weekend. It happens Friday and will be buried under a sea of 205 promotion. Regardless, i'm away until Sunday then me and a mate are gonna drown in MMA on Sunday including this show...the main event will be worth it alone.

Bellator_164_Koreshkov_vs._Lima_2_Poster

Koreshkov/Lima II is the main event, it's an outstanding rematch. The first fight itself was hugely disappointing with Lima coming back to defend his title after a long lay-off. Koreshkov was an underdog but he was dominated. Lima then came out and claimed he was still injured going into the bout.

Koreshkov has since fought and again and destroyed Benson Henderson in one of the most impressive performances of the year. Lima came back and looked his old self dominating Paul Daley. Both guys seem to firing on all cylinders and it's a great fight. Koreshkov may have Lima's number but who knows? Gonna be a good fight.

“Bellator 164: Koreshkov vs. Lima” Fight Card
Welterweight World Title Bout: Andrey Koreshkov (19-1) vs. Douglas Lima (27-6)
Featherweight Feature Bout: Noad Lahat (9-2) vs. Scott Cleve (15-5)
Featherweight Feature Bout: Georgi Karakhanyan (25-6-1) vs. Kirill Medvedovsky (6-1)
Flyweight Feature Bout: Lena Ovchynnikova (10-4) vs. Karla Benitez (13-9-1)

James Gallagher (the SBG prospect) was meant to be on the main card but he got shifted to a card a few weeks later so Georgi Karkhanyan steps in.

The show is in Israel amd features local guy and ex-UFC figher Noad Lahat in the co-main event, should make for a good atmosphere.

Fights all weekend.

• Paid Members

Lima regained his title with a left hook of death. He was 2 down on the scorecards according to Jimmy Smith but his leg kicks were adding up and in the end it forced Koreshkov to close the distance and throw with Lima and he got starched. Lima is the man.

Rest of the show was pretty non-descript but seeing it play out in Israel in front of a packed and noisy crowd was great to see, local Noad Lahat co-headlined and was treated like a superstar, makes you realise how there's so much more to the MMA world than the typical stuff covered in the MMA media. Awesome scenes.

Lima called out Rory MacDonald post-fight, that has to happen in 2017.

I'll keep pissing people off with the Bellator posts, but the 3rd show in 3 weeks is this Saturday and is the best of the bunch...

2rffv4l.jpg

Michael Chandler vs. Benson Henderson - Lightweight World Title

Michael Page vs. Fernando Gonzalez

Linton Vassell vs. Francis Carmont

Adam Piccolotti vs. Brandon Girtz

Sheila Padilla vs. Keri Melendez

Baby Slice is on the prelims too, finally making his debut after 2 cancellations.

The main event and MVP factor should be enough to draw eyes to this event. It's going head-to-head with two UFC events which means Saturday's crammed as fuck, but im probably looking forward to this one more than both UFC shows.

• Paid Members

You're not pissing anyone off as your posts are at least drawing some attention to the cards, cards I more than likely would have missed. 

The next one coming up certainly has 2 fights for me (the top two) that are must see so I will be going out of my way to watch it. 

It's actually a big weekend of fights coming up with the quantity of events so if you're selective you should be able to get a good chunk of quality fights. 

Edited by lambyUK

• Paid Members

You're not pissing anyone off as your posts are at least drawing some attention to the cards, cards I more than likely would have missed. 

Yeah, exactly. It's pretty much how I manage to stay in touch with what's going on. I'll definitely be tuning in for the MVP fight and the main event this week.

• Paid Members

Yeah if it wasn't for your Bellator posts Ebb, I wouldn't have a clue what's going on or when there's fights coming up that i want to see. Bellator is just off my radar these days mostly. This card with Chandler vs Bendo for example, it'd have slipped by without me noticing if I hadn't seen your post. I'll give it a watch.

• Paid Members

Pretty shit, but from what i can gather, this weekend's Bellator isn't being shown over here until next Saturday (26th), so it'll be on a week's delay. Must be something to do with this weekend's show being a Saturday show rather than a Friday show. The show should be easy enough to find online though if you know where to look.

Edited by Egg Shen