WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I love games like Sim City, Rollercoaster Tycoon and A Kingdom for Keflings, yet Minecraft doesn't interest me in the slightest. I think this is partly due to the fact there's no aim as such. When I ask what the point is, I'm told "You can build ANYTHING!". Hmmm, so? I can do that with Lego. I need an aim, so there is an objective? "Yes, you have to keep the monsters away". Right.

Plus, it looks shit. It looks like a Dire Straits music video, which isn't complimentary in 2014.

• Paid Members
I love games like Sim City, Rollercoaster Tycoon and A Kingdom for Keflings, yet Minecraft doesn't interest me in the slightest. I think this is partly due to the fact there's no aim as such. When I ask what the point is, I'm told "You can build ANYTHING!". Hmmm, so? I can do that with Lego. I need an aim, so there is an objective? "Yes, you have to keep the monsters away". Right.

Plus, it looks shit. It looks like a Dire Straits music video, which isn't complimentary in 2014.

The game itself is an entire series of objectives. You can't do anything without first completing a task to make the tools or items you need. You might build a house and decide you want windows, you need glass which requires a shovel and sand and an oven and coal. To get coal you need an axe and you need to find a cave that has coal in it, but to get there you need weapons and armour. And so on.

• Paid Members

There's two zones outside of the main overworld, The Nether and The End. The End has a dragon in it which I guess is a final boss, but it doesn't end the game when you beat it. It's just a one-time enemy in the hardest to reach place in the game. To get to The Nether (which is like hell) you have to craft a portal but that takes Obsidian, which is the toughest material in the main world and can only be mined with diamond and found right in the depths of caves. Then once you're in The Nether you need a ridiculous amount of items to craft a portal to The End. I've not made it there yet.

Got a PS Vita for my birthday last week (with Tearaway and Little Big Planet, both of which are a lot of fun).

Couple of questions: Are the Fifa games any good on the Vita? What do people on here view as the best games on the Vita?

Also, if I purchased a 2nd hand version of any of the games are there any problems with the trophies or playing the game?

Gave EVE a go for a couple of weeks and it quickly became more of a job than a game which is fine if you like that kind of thing I guess but the game is also notorious for being populated by assholes who will fuck you over at a moments notice.

Guild Wars 2 is probably my favorite online game right now.

• Awards Moderator
Has anybody spent any time playing EVE Online? It's been around for years, I've always intended to give it a go, but now I notice you get 30 days free without having to put in card details. I hear it's dense though.

It is not a casual investment. Read this article and see if it appeals.

Bonus appropriate image:

jj16ThL.jpg

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

Football Manager and FIFA, but then again you're a bit weird and shit because you don't like football. So, not them.

If you like GTA, San Andreas is now out for Android. It's surprisingly very good to play on mobile (as is GTA3 & Vice City)- not bad for a few quid. Carmageddon also plays very well on mobile. Some great Sonic games are on there too, quite inexpensive considering. Sonic 2, Sonic CD (the Mega CD game) and Sonic 4 episode 2 are my favourites.

For original gaming, rather than old school conversions, World of Goo is quite addictive.

I'm really, really shit at FPS online multiplayers. Currently playing Ghosts on the PS4 and as addictive as it is, I'm finding it really frustrating to play. Is there a way of being able to enter a game with people of the same caliber instead of it mixing it up. I'm finding I'm getting the odd kill in between deaths but they I'm getting them mostly by luck than skill. I'd rather be in a game where I have a good chance of my kill/death ratio likely being equal than substantially one sided.

I'm pretty sure when I played Halo online many years ago they had it so the people you were up against were of a similar ability.

• 2 weeks later...