Recommend me some music

Mr.E

In my job, I've found I can listen to music whilst I work away. With this in mind, I've been revisiting a lot of older bands/albums I liked as a teenager, and also getting into other bands, that at the time weren't my cup of tea.

I'm into my heavier music, but have recently gotten into TOOL, Nine inch Nails, Silver chair and many others, whilst also finally getting through various bands' back catalogs, that I'd never really listened to, such as Metallica (Anything past the Black Album is a bit hit/miss isn't it?).

Just wondering if anybody out there can recommend me anything to listen to? For what its worth, whilst I'm more into my Rock/Metal, I also like most forms of music as long as its good (I've also been working through various compilations of classic blues/jazz for example).

Drop me some links via youtube or general ideas, and I'll check them out :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm into my heavier music, but have recently gotten into TOOL, Nine inch Nails, Silver chair and many others

If you haven't already get the Deftones back catalogue. Letlive are a great newer band who mix together different styles really well. Check out the 'That's Not Metal' podcast. It's where I hear about most new rock/alt/metal stuff.

Here is, if I've done it right, a playlist of Credence Clearwater Revival. Don't know if it's up your ally or if you've done them.

I havent checked them out yet, so will add them to the list :)

I'm into my heavier music, but have recently gotten into TOOL, Nine inch Nails, Silver chair and many others

If you haven't already get the Deftones back catalogue. Letlive are a great newer band who mix together different styles really well. Check out the 'That's Not Metal' podcast. It's where I hear about most new rock/alt/metal stuff.

And yes, I've had Deftones on already (I'm a 90's/2000's kid, so that was one of the first groups hah). Will check out letlive, although I do find "new" bands to be not or my tastes, but the I'll check them out! Will add that podcast to my lists as well.

• Paid Members

Have you tried Swans? Their 80s/90s stuff pre-break up is a bit hit and miss, but since they returned they're releasing their best work -The Seer and To Be Kind being worth a go. Seeing as you like NIN etc I think you will probably like it.

Erm... Starflyer 59? The Fall? ZZ Top? Rahsaan Roland Kirk? Pere Ubu? Cocaine-era Bowie?

Give it a try.

Have you tried Swans? Their 80s/90s stuff pre-break up is a bit hit and miss, but since they returned they're releasing their best work -The Seer and To Be Kind being worth a go. Seeing as you like NIN etc I think you will probably like it.

Erm... Starflyer 59? The Fall? ZZ Top? Rahsaan Roland Kirk? Pere Ubu? Cocaine-era Bowie?

Give it a try.

Swans I have not tried, but will add them to the list :)

Bowie (ziggy stardust era) I've had on already, but non of the others so will check them out!

The Hotelier!!!

Got them on now, enjoying this very much!

Ghost all the way. There album from last year, Meliora, is fantastic from start to finish.

Also check out their two previous album, Opus Eponymous which is heavily influenced by 70s metal. The follow up, Infesstisumam, is good but a bit more experimental

Added to the list!

Mr.Bungle! For the love of all that is right in this world, Mr.Bungle!

I have heard of Mr Bungle, but never listened hah. On the list it goes! :)

Second Mr. Bungle. Check out Fantomas as well. And if you're into all that along with Nine Inch Nails you may as well check out Butthole Surfers who are arch dandies of the whole late 80s/early 90s wave of kitch American bad trip industrial vibe.

WEEN.

Listen to fucking Ween. Québec is my favorite album right now. It's pretty robust as well compared to lots of their other albums where they'll experiment with a specific subgenre. The Mollusk is also good.

You may know them from doing Voodoo Lady that was in them Club Orange adverts years ago.

But yeah, I'd reccomend Québec to anyone.

Can't go wrong with a bit of Winger.

Noted.

Hall & Oates.

i'm open for anything, and am familiar with some of the H&O back cataloge ha.

Second Mr. Bungle. Check out Fantomas as well. And if you're into all that along with Nine Inch Nails you may as well check out Butthole Surfers who are arch dandies of the whole late 80s/early 90s wave of kitch American bad trip industrial vibe.

WEEN.

Listen to fucking Ween. Montreal is my favorite album right now. It's pretty robust as well compared to lots of their other albums where they'll experiment with a specific subgenre. The Mollusk is also good.

You may know them from doing Voodoo Lady that was in them Club Orange adverts years ago.

But yeah, I'd reccomend Montreal to anyone.

Awesome, cheers. Ween going on next then :)

I'm such an idiot on a wrestling forum that I got the name of the album wrong. Montreal, Jesus. It's Québec. And I've loved it for years. What a bizarre brain screwjob.

Archived