Recommend me some music

Mr.E

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teenage Fanclub! They're so good they make want to cry. Nicknamed the Bellshill Beach Boys and one of Kurt Cobain's favourite bands.

They were very much part of the grunge scene, but turned into a Byrdsesque type band by the mid nineties. Alcoholiday is my favourite tune but on another day it could be one of many.

Teenage Fanclub! They're so good they make want to cry. Nicknamed the Bellshill Beach Boys and one of Kurt Cobain's favourite bands.

They were very much part of the grunge scene, but turned into a Byrdsesque type band by the mid nineties. Alcoholiday is my favourite tune but on another day it could be one of many.

Great shout. Speed Of Light is one of the best pop songs I've ever heard.

• Paid Members

Listen to the Ark work by Liturgy, it came out last year and it's incredible. I've never heard anything like it but it's usually described as arty avant garde black metal. It's super abrasive in a completely unique way.

This is my favourite song of 2015

https://youtu.be/jXlo5CIyiGQ

For something less challenging Frank Black of the Pixies fame's first two solo albums (self titled and Teenager of the Year) are two of my favourite albums ever. The guy was on fire at that time and for me they're two of the 90s' best albums.

Possibly my fav metal band (not called Godflesh) is Boris, they're one of the few Japanese bands that has a large fanbase purely based on the music and not because they're from Animeland. Now the only problem is where to start with them as they've went through a few styles from Drone Doom and Noise to Shoegaze and the catchiest Stoner Rock.

Heavy Rocks 2002, Akuma no Uta and Pink might be the best places but feel free to pick and album at random.

the Fannies have some amazing songs / albums, and we should never forget that they had to pay Gene Simmons when Bandwagonesque came out due to him owning the copyright to the money bag with a dollar sign on. bandwagonesque...what an album. Thirteen..what an album etc

Archived