Recommend me some music

Mr.E

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed Clutch a fair bit, will get onto the whole "D-beat" stuff. Would anybody care to explain that further, other than "bands that begin with D" hah.

It's basically bands influenced by Discharge and using a particular drum beat. If you know the drum beat to "Ace of Spades" by Motorhead you'll know what the majority of D-beat drumming is. I like a bit of Disfear myself, if only for the fact it's Tomas Lindberg of At the Gates doing the vocals.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I've just about gotten through everything suggested hah.

Currently blasting "Hurts"'s first album, and just had the best of Duran Duran on as well hah. Any more suggestions out there?

Any particular vibe? I've been on a massive grindcore trip recently so if you fancy listening to something genuinely mental give this a listen-

99 tracks in 20 minutes!

This is a long-time favourite too-

Pig Destroyer- Terroriser (potentially NSFW due to album cover nips)

I subscribe to Vinod Karki on Youtube- no end of grindcore/crust/powerviolence stuff on there

WOW, that's.....something hah.

honestly I'm more in a chilled sort of mood, hence Duran Duran I think, but anything fairly calm is always good at the moment.

Yeah, definitely something you have to be in the mood for!

This has been getting repeated plays recently. Off to see them tonight.

I've been getting hardcore into Tropicália and MBP for a while — the problem is, it's basically carnage once disco comes on the scene, nearly all of the great performers and bands from the 60s and 70s split up or went totally to shite.

Ive downloaded a few which Im working thru. Os Mutantes obviously but some Gilberto Gil as well.

• Paid Members

I posted some Novos Baianos earlier in the thread (which got the Mr. E seal of approval) — I'd say they're a case of their best album being much better than their greatest hits. Not that the other albums don't have some excellent stuff on them, but the flow of Abacou Chorare is perfect.

For a laugh, try out some 60s Ronnie Von — He was part of the Jovem Guarda, which was mainly a Brazilian version of ye-ye. Some of the covers have to be heard to be believed — I posted this a while back. It's... illogical.

Archived