Best Podcast of 2015

HarmonicGenerator

Best Podcast of 2015  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

SCG gets my vote solely for Liam's reading of Butch's Shane Douglas post, which is the most I've laughed at any podcast I've ever listened to, but also because I really like listening to them generally. Interesting subjects and a good range of opinions (I really like the fact that G John Chase had a gap of watching wrestling in the 90s - it provides a really good alternative perspective of someone who wasn't there at the time).

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

SCG is easily the best wrestling podcast, especially considering it's just fans chatting and taking the piss.

Austin has guests from all over, clamouring to be on his show, that should be a negative against him in the fight for SCG winning.

Plus Austin had that abortion of a show with Paige

• Paid Members

You're right like, there a a number of his guests that I simply can't be arsed with and I usually skip the first 15 mins of the majority of his uploads. When it's about wrestling with a wrestling guest, they are generally great. Can't be arsed with his favourite country bands though.

• Paid Members

SCG is easily the best wrestling podcast, especially considering it's just fans chatting and taking the piss.

Yeah, this. I usually hate listening to other wrestling fans talk unless I know them. It's worst in queues for shows or being sat next to strangers at shows, but usually within ten seconds of listening to any random no-marks talking on Youtube or almost anywhere, I think "ick, no" and catch myself wondering if I sound as big a dork when I talk about wrestling. In spite of that, I love SCG. In no time at all listening to the four of them talk became as easy as listening to some of my own mates talk.

• 2 weeks later...

In fairness I reckon Jericho gets good, interesting guests more often than most. That's why I nominated his at least.

So as long as you always skip the first 15/20 minutes until the interview begins it is a decent listen most of the time.

I didn't vote for him though, the Wade Keller episodes alone was enough for me to vote Austin.

I voted for SCG. Ever since the show started Liam has triggered some wonderful debate and opinions on the forum for the better. Without it we wouldn't have had Butch's fantastic tirade at Shane "Norman Pace" Douglas.

The shows are brilliant as well which provides a balanced debate and it is the first podcast I have subscribed to in years. Keep up the good work lads!