UFC 189: McGregor vs Mendes

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know it's all "Card subject to change" but isn't that a legal minefield? Knowing full well your main event and selling point isn't going to happen but sell the PPV under the illusion that it is happening?

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Agreed. But a lot of people were freaking out during the week & now they've been placated. So maybe it's just to reduce backlash - which ironically will be worse if they get found out.

Instead of always thinking the worst of UFC, maybe it's just actually a case of a varying medical diagnosis from two doctors from different continents?

If that's the case, I'd definitely have more trust in the American doctors as they are medically superior to the Brazilians.

• Paid Members

Instead of always thinking the worst of UFC, maybe it's just actually a case of a varying medical diagnosis from two doctors from different continents?

If that's the case, I'd definitely have more trust in the American doctors as they are medically superior to the Brazilians.

I'm not thinking the worst - I'm a UFC fanboy. But I've heard they've already told McGregor he's fighting Mendes. 

• Paid Members

From who Herb? You on first name terms with FRB?

Who?

Someone close to McGregor, but not from his gym. Can't say - it's really no big deal - I'm throwing it out there as a rumour I heard, summarised as: McGregor is training for Mendes as of Wednesday and Aldo is definitely out - they all know (i.e. all 3 camps, + UFC) that to be the case. That's what I was told - I'm just chucking it out there - I don't know if it's 100% true. 

Lamby would do a better job of describing him than me, but I will give it a shot.

FWB is sort of a back alley reporter. He is not tied to any MMA media outlet, but spreads rumours and speculation on his Twitter page. While I believe he is friends with the Sherdog crew, most in MMA media dislike him, and the UFC are not exactly keen on him (Dana has blocked him).

His credibility is highly questionable. He is clearly on friendly terms with Chael, and is fed stuff from his camp, but a lot of what he posts ends up being bollocks. Josh Barnett called him out recently for something he wrote about him. 

The last straw was when he claimed that several additional drug busts were upcoming earlier this year, which ended up being complete rubbish. Hence, why his name is banned in this thread. 

• Paid Members

Or to sum Jim's description up, he's a cunt.

The last lie he came out with was that Arlovski was 100% getting a title shot, only for Dana White to say the following day it was actually between him and Miocic.

Then there his claims of drug test failures when at the time the fighters he claimed had failed passed cleanly.

Worst one was claiming one of Rousey or Zingano failing a test.

He's a bottom feeder.

It could end up meaning fuck all. But McGregor is now a slight favourite with the bookies. 

Worst one was claiming one of Rousey or Zingano failing a test.

It was Zingano. He heavily hinted something was awry with her test, then backtracked. I recall he got details about Jon Jones's DUI wrong as well, and was forced to apologise.

Archived