UFC 189: McGregor vs Mendes

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fedor Emilianenko was making $10,000 a fight in Pride as champ, up until he left and fought for Inoki, He wasn't getting any fight sponsors, sure held him back

I find that hard to believe.

That might have been the amount disclosed, but I would wager Fedor was getting some extra cash under the table.

It came from Miro Mijaovic who was basically ran out of Japan by a certain Yakuza gang, he was getting ripped off by both Russian Top Team & Pride, he then signed with Vadim and Red Devil/M1, went back to Pride and made good money.

He's told this story on Spike, a book and you can find the article over at fightopinion.com from around 2012. Cro Cop & Sakuraba were their .big money guys at that time, probably Wand as well.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Fedor doesn't care for the money, look at the guy's training facilities:

Fedor_Emelianenko_training.jpg

I sometimes wonder how wrong Rocky 4 got it with regards to Russian fighters. They listed Drago as the drug-addled super athlete that training in hi-tech facilities, but from my experience of following combat sports Russian combat athletes train in as primitive manner as possible, they are a different breed over in them parts.

Apparently Fedor has said he wants a rematch with Fabricio Werdum.

Of course he wants a fight with the Champion.  Who doesn't at Heavyweight?  His last 3 fights surely scream "NEXT UFC TITLE CONTENDER"

Archived