Ring of Honor signs with Destination America

IANdrewDiceClay

Over the last year it's become so obvious to me that this Dixie Carter is just an absolute nutcase. That Austin interview was the icing on the cake.

Of course she is surrounded by Yes men and women, and that includes most of the Roster too. Because she is just that much of a nut they are probably scared what stupid decision she would make next off the back of anyone giving her shite.

If she was paying me over the odds for a back office job I would just sit and nod my head aswell. She just seems so deluded and, yeah, nuts!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the last year it's become so obvious to me that this Dixie Carter is just an absolute nutcase. That Austin interview was the icing on the cake.

Of course she is surrounded by Yes men and women, and that includes most of the Roster too. Because she is just that much of a nut they are probably scared what stupid decision she would make next off the back of anyone giving her shite.

If she was paying me over the odds for a back office job I would just sit and nod my head aswell. She just seems so deluded and, yeah, nuts!

My favourite part of all this is Dixie and some of the roster tweeting damage control "welcome to the party!" tweets at ROH and ROH being entirely above acknowledging them. This whole thing has been masterful by Ring Of Honor.

That said, with TNA doing in the region of 400,000 viewers, how do we think ROH will do here?

They're already airing in a lot of markets and don't have a Kurt Angle level name so I see them doing about 200-250,000. That's probabaly still fine though.

Honestly?   I'm not even sure how much difference there is these days.   I can imagine there being an Internet Savvy Hardcore that would watch both shows.   I can imagine that there would be casuals who watch it just because its on the telly and its wrestling.    The Fanboys and fangirls of TNA's 'big names' aren't going to amount to a hill of beans in the wider picture

• Paid Members

Bet this tastes even sweeter to RoH that they're potentially the nail in TNA's coffin. They've always been shitty to RoH, haven't they? Pulling all their shared workers after the Feinstein incident was the beginning.

TNA vs. RoH - the poor, POOR man's WWF vs. wCw. Too crappy for words, really.

To be fair, I love the ROH vs. CZW feud, and I hate CZW.

Still, this plus a new action figure deal makes ROH look like it's slowly growing step by step, which is great.

Dixie Carter killed TNA. That will never be in doubt when it finally crumbles.

She also kept it alive. Without the Carters, there wouldn't have been a TNA for Spike to pay for in the first place. TNA only exists because of a clueless loon with rich parents.

• Paid Members

I can't bring myself to even watch TNA for free on a Sunday night for two hours.   I'm buggered if I'm paying for it.  

Nailed it.

I don't think that comparison holds up. ROH has never, in my mind, done anything to suggest they are interested in putting TNA out of business. And I'm guessing you're casting ROH as WCW, considering TNA is the more established presence on monthly PPV (for what that's worth) and has always had the bigger name stars in terms of global recognition.

If anything, with the number of occasions TNA has tried to/managed to damage ROH and the relatively smooth manner in which talent has moved from ROH to WWE and with the extremely rare occasion of a WWE contracted wrestler/personality appearing on an ROH show, then WWE is the WWF in the picture, as always was and always will be, TNA (LOL) is WCW (LOL) and ROH is ECW. Except an ECW which isn't interested in constantly telling us how shit WCW is.

• Paid Members

People are still doing that…?

I just do it for the "ARRGGGGHHHIHATEITWHENPEOPLEDOTHATARRRGGGHH"

I don't think that comparison holds up. ROH has never, in my mind, done anything to suggest they are interested in putting TNA out of business. And I'm guessing you're casting ROH as WCW, considering TNA is the more established presence on monthly PPV (for what that's worth) and has always had the bigger name stars in terms of global recognition.

If anything, with the number of occasions TNA has tried to/managed to damage ROH and the relatively smooth manner in which talent has moved from ROH to WWE and with the extremely rare occasion of a WWE contracted wrestler/personality appearing on an ROH show, then WWE is the WWF in the picture, as always was and always will be, TNA (LOL) is WCW (LOL) and ROH is ECW. Except an ECW which isn't interested in constantly telling us how shit WCW is.

To be honest, I wasn't really going as far as making them exactly equivalent, I didn't have RoH as WcW or WWF really. It was just more the idea that Dixie Carter in her infinite wisdom might try and spin this whole debacle as the next Monday Night Wars, which is mildly amusing.

• Paid Members

They've always been shitty to RoH, haven't they? Pulling all their shared workers after the Feinstein incident was the beginning.

I mean, he was arranging to have bum sex with a teenager - and ROH were daft trying to lie and pretend he was gone when he was still running the promotion.

Anyway, Feinstein or not, getting exclusivity is the kind of thing a well run promotion should have been doing with their talent. You know, as opposed to how they're run now, where they can't even get exclusivity on a telly channel.

Dixie Carter killed TNA. That will never be in doubt when it finally crumbles.

She also kept it alive. Without the Carters, there wouldn't have been a TNA for Spike to pay for in the first place. TNA only exists because of a clueless loon with rich parents.

Who then pissed it all up the wall in trying to make a wrestling company.

After the locker room dressing down she put on youtube in 2009, she deserves all the criticism in the world for the rise and fall of TNA.

Archived