Ring of Honor signs with Destination America

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll end up in the same category as the Michael Jackson This Is It tickets.

This is great news for ROH. As was said, even if it doesn't work out for whatever reason, they can go back to the model they've been using the last few years. They don't live & die by the TV rights fees. It's win win for them in many ways.

TNA on the other hand I'm sure will try and spin this somehow as some kind of bullshit like they usually do. They're like bradfordcityfan over in the Classifieds, they've been found out and are just spouting anything and everything to try and save face.

It'll soon be to the point where they'll have one row crowds similar to IWA-Mid South

Read somewhere the top UK ticket is ridiculously overpriced like £450? They're trying to bank roll there own 'network' similar to WWE by overcharging there only viable touring market. Hilarious.

Saying that hypothetically if they did try an create a network how much would you be willing to pay per month and what content would you want from it?

It's not going to happen. There's absolutely no demand for the product wherever it be TV, PPV's or LIVE events. The years of bad decisions have turned fans off and they will never recover those fans while certain members are associated with the product. 

Saying that hypothetically if they did try an create a network how much would you be willing to pay per month and what content would you want from it?

Nowt.   Now I've got the WWE Network, which has most of the best American wrestling content produced over the last 30 years for less money than a dominoes Pizza.  I can't bring myself to even watch TNA for free on a Sunday night for two hours.   I'm buggered if I'm paying for it.  

It's not going to happen. There's absolutely no demand for the product wherever it be TV, PPV's or LIVE events.

Enough reason to suggest TNA will almost 100% definitely give it ago. Cos remember this company love doing stupid things.

Nowt. Now I've got the WWE Network, which has most of the best American wrestling content produced over the last 30 years for less money than a dominoes Pizza. I can't bring myself to even watch TNA for free on a Sunday night for two hours. I'm buggered if I'm paying for it.

I agree. I cannot watch it anymore. I've tried at the start of the last two years to watch it every week. Last year I got till April this year I lasted 2 weeks.

I also think that as a last desperate throw of the dice they'd put everything they have left in trying to copy the Network. Not that it would work.

The only curiosity I'd have would be seeing all the old weekly PPV's again as I remember really enjoying this more than Raw or Smackdown at the time.

It's not going to happen. There's absolutely no demand for the product wherever it be TV, PPV's or LIVE events.

Enough reason to suggest TNA will almost 100% definitely give it ago. Cos remember this company love doing stupid things.

TNA doesn't do ANYTHING 100%. They do something for a couple of weeks and then quit, they want a quick fix, Dixie gets bored and then changes the direction wherever it be TV, booking, general company ideas. 

The only thing they have worth anything is the weekly PPV tapes. Think Jarrett has his eyes on those. 

I'd pay £9.99 for a TNA Network that ahd all the old weekly PPV's and old Impact shows.

But that would be a one off £9.99 payment, for unlimited access to it.  Not £9.99  a month

I'd pay £9.99 for a TNA Network that ahd all the old weekly PPV's and old Impact shows.

But that would be a one off £9.99 payment, for unlimited access to it.  Not £9.99  a month

TNAonDemand ring a bell? Fans asked for weekly stuff never got added. 

• Paid Members

My favourite part of all this is Dixie and some of the roster tweeting damage control "welcome to the party!" tweets at ROH and ROH being entirely above acknowledging them. This whole thing has been masterful by Ring Of Honor.

That said, with TNA doing in the region of 400,000 viewers, how do we think ROH will do here?

They're already airing in a lot of markets and don't have a Kurt Angle level name so I see them doing about 200-250,000. That's probabaly still fine though.

I think you might have to wait until the PPV buys for All Star Extravaganza VII or even Final Battle. If they get bigger buys from the exposure on Destination America without having to spend money making a new show then its win win win!

And though I posted it already EC3's 'welcome to the party' tweet was genius.

Archived