WWE Payback 2015 Discussion

tiger_rick

Just watched the ending to the Zigger/Sheamus match and there's a hilarious moment no one seems to have picked up on.

When Dolph does that headbutt and blood starts spurting from the cut in the process of him going for the cover -  young lad in the front row wearing yellow clocks it and produces an absolutely terrified look on his face while turning to face (I presume) his dad. Shame you can't print screen the Network feed but its absolutely brilliant.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Yeah because fans never get behind people who cash in with a "sneaky cunt move"

Is that sarcasm? The only babyface that ever "cashed in" by surprise instead of calling their title shot in advance was C.M. Punk in 2008, and everyone viewed him as a fluke and a loser for the duration of his title reign. Proper babyfaces don't need to be sneaky cunts. They win the belt because they're the best.

It wasn't a fluke when he cashed in and won, he was giving Edge a taste of his own medicen and making sure Raw had a world title. It was the booking afterwards that made him a loser. Face surprise cash ins are fine as long as the champion is a bastard heel who has done it themselves at some point

It wasn't a fluke when he cashed in and won, he was giving Edge a taste of his own medicen and making sure Raw had a world title. It was the booking afterwards that made him a loser. Face surprise cash ins are fine as long as the champion is a bastard heel who has done it themselves at some point

Punk cashed in after Batista pretty much destroyed Edge. He looked like a loser from the off. It wasnt even post match, Edge was in street clothes and was cutting a promo

• Paid Members

Really didn't help that when Punk marched out to go and cash in, Big Dave shot him a look that said "Who's this prick?"

• Paid Members

That was the reign when Punk had a shite feud with JBL at Summerslam, then forfeited his title before the championship scramble at Unforgiven. Shite booking in fairness.

And then turned heel by being a sneaky cunt with his second cash-in. The suprise cash-in is a heel move, a face would tell his opponent exactly when they want the match because they are meant to be honourable & fair

To be fair, Punk cashed in on Jeff Hardy. I think anyone on the roster at that time would've been heel by default cashing in on the super over Hardy, that's not exclusive to Punk.

And then turned heel by being a sneaky cunt with his second cash-in. The suprise cash-in is a heel move, a face would tell his opponent exactly when they want the match because they are meant to be honourable & fair

Basic booking says you are 100% right, but with long term booking that utilises everyone's back stories it could be a great face move.

My ideal situation is Ambrose wins money in the bank and does loads of teasing he is going to cash in. Then one Raw we have Reigns batter Rollins to a pulp, have Lesnar show up and clatters him too. Authority come to the ring realising Rollins is a sitting duck, Ambrose strolls out, batters everyone in sight (including HHH) and takes the title

• Paid Members

Really didn't help that when Punk marched out to go and cash in, Big Dave shot him a look that said "Who's this prick?"

I loved that at the time. I was convinced that they were setting up Batista turning on Punk, taking the Title and then defending it against Cena, in what would've been their first match. I was gutted when Dave just gave Punk a weak endorsement instead.

I loved that whole show, actually. It's just a pity that the follow up was so bad. Punk wasn't the only victim either. Cryme Tyme were never more interesting than that brief period when they were Cena's best mates.

It depends on the circumstances surely? Punk cashing in on Edge in an effort to keep a Title on RAW, after Edge had mocked the audience and swore he'd never be back, is a bit different from him cashing in on Jeff Hardy after he'd won a brutal ladder match.

The cash in on Hardy wasn't even his proper heel turn anyway was it? There was definitely a period after it where he was just teasing a turn, before he went full on with it.

• Paid Members

It was definitely the beginning of his turn, but you're right, it wasn't immediately presented as a heel act, and he did have a period of doing "it's nothing different to what I did last time" before becoming fully fledged heel.

I was in attendance at that particular event, and from what I recall the immediate reaction to the actual cash-in was pretty positive, but I think that was because the cash-in seemed to be rumoured/anticipated (I recall a couple of "Why Punk Why?" and similar signs coming out immediately after) and when it happened the crowd reacted as "yeah, we're seeing the cash-in we thought we would!"

Archived