WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much better show than I expected. Splitting up Lana and rusev would be awful, they are perfect together. Used to think act was mostly her, but last few months he has really brought it.

• Paid Members

I've found a few of the last ten or so manias have had a great buildup but the show has fallen a bit flat, this one was the opposite and it was much better for it, everyone loves a nice surprise and you'd have to try pretty hard to not enjoy last night's show.

I was dreading that HHH and Sting would try a po-faced 20 minutes but as it was it was a perfect Wrestlemania match, I marked out when the NWO came out.

Well I thought it was a great show, and do kind of wish I had gone now.

I started to doze off during Wyatt vs. Taker, but don't think I missed any of it, so watched the whole thing live without getting bored.

Not sure about some of the results, but the quality of matches was great.

Did anyone else feel like the crowd were actually getting into Reigns' comeback anyway before Rollins came out to cash in?  Regardless, that main event was pretty much perfect, for all the obvious reasons everyone's already said.  Roman can definitely be (re)built as a top guy so long as they stop insisting on scripting him Rock/Cena style promos and just let him be a silent, cool-as-fuck badass.  Loved him shoving that fan out of the way on his entrance!

Show as a whole was bloody great, not a bad match on the entire card, even the battle royal was fun, and I REALLY enjoyed the pre-show tag.  The type of overbooked shmoz Sting/Triple H ended up as would probably make me groan on any other PPV, but it was a right laugh, and it's appropriate to have that kind of nostalgic sports entertainment silliness in the middle of the card at Mania.  Triple H's entrance was proper shit though.  Mainly because nothing really happened other than Trips and the other Terminators just... standing there... for a little while.

Crazy to see Ronda get involved in an angle, she did start to look a bit stupid, bless 'er ,the longer Rock went on and on and on and on while she had to just had to stand there glaring, but yeah... intrigue!

I thought the Wyatt match was as solid a bout as you could reasonably expect from an elderly Undertaker.  Standard good Taker match, nothing to complain about there.  That RKO was nuts.  Rusev's entrance was magnificent.  Ladder match was a fine, barmy opener.  I hope they actually do something with the fact that both the US and Intercontinental titles are both held by top, top babyfaces now, but who knows...

And yeah, I thought it looked glorious in the glorious sunshine.  That and the HUMONGOUS stage making everyone look like bloody ants when they walked out made it quite the spectacle.  I really need to go one of these years...

• Paid Members

Whilst I loved the finish to Orton vs. Seth, I actually hoped that Randy would hit the RKO when Seth was flying backwards doing that spinning moonsault thing he does. Maybe they're saving that for their inevitable rematches. It seems a missed opportunity if he never hits an RKO as a counter to that flip, since it's actually a move that logically has Seth falling in that direction towards the mat. Much better than Joey Mercury just diving into an RKO like a goof, at least.

I think even Miz lost his WM undefeated streak last night too.

If pre-show losses count, Miz has never had an undefeated streak at WrestleMania. He lost a battle royal in 2008 and a tag match in 2009.

Bugger, that's that little stat ruined. I only mentioned Miz because he made a comment at the time when he retained the title against Cena that he was undefeated at Wrestlemania. I guess he wasn't counting pre-shows either because up until that point, he never had a main-card match at Mania.

I really enjoyed that. Brilliant show.

I was a little peeved that they advertised the champion would be on a TV show the following morning as you knew then there would be a new champion because Lesnar isn't going to do a public appearance, is he?

I really hope Lesnar sticks around because his matches are so much fun to watch.

Archived