WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Court Bauer and John Pollock brought up something interesting this week. The possibility of Taker losing to Wyatt, going into next years Mania at Cowboy stadium with Taker on a losing streak. Would make for a great setting heading into what everyone believes will be his last match, and entry into the HOF.

I really like the idea. Everyone is expecting him to roll over Wyatt, there'd be more eye balls popping from heads.

I like the idea of Undertaker going in to Wrestlemania Star coming off two losses and he can get the win on his retirement match, he doesn't need to put anyone over on the way out on his very last match, he completely rejuvenated Brock's character and importance by losing the streak, that'll do. Bray could really do with this win too, he has wins over Bryan, Ambrose and Ziggler in recent months and is arguably one of the more protected guys on the roster, he will stay in the same position or descend lower after a loss where he will have no chance of getting his hands back on the Dead man.

If he cashed during a match that'd be a match within a match wouldn't it? He wouldn't be able to join the match, as the contract is for a one on one match as I understand it, and they can't pause the match underway for the champion to accept the MITB match and wait for that to finish then continue the scheduled match, but also, I don't think a wrestler can be in two matches at once. Also, what would become of the #1 contender's title match if it was paused for a MITB, and MITB wins.  Does the match continue non-title, or does the #1 contender get to wrestle the new champ straight away? Or what?

Note to everyone. Just avoid fantasy booking, as it's always really bad.

There is that way of thinking of it which is tbf the only flaw but you could think of it that he is ADDING himself to the original match making it a triple threat.

Or he could of twatted Reigns and caused Brock to get DQed and then cashed in on Brock

I don't think it was ever specifically said it HAD to be a 1 on 1 match just was always presumed to be that way.

I personally don't think my idea is terrible tbh

Archived