WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

Why would you piss that away on the first night with no build on free TV?

To avoid risking a never ending feud like the Punk/Heyman one that almost killed both guys.

I'd normally agree with your post but for this reason, I'd be on board with Lesnar killing Heyman and walking away for a month or two.

I figure it just needs to be someone where it’s logical that Lesnar get suspended to explain why he’s no longer around when such a fuss was made in the media that he’d signed a new deal. 

Don't need to explain, just say he's got a cob on. Everyone knows how Lesnar's contract works, just say he's not booked for the dates, or he's in training camp, as he's a fighter, to come back and regain his title.

Ah; the Russo approach of not bothering to explain and just let the audience come up with their own story.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Not necessarily, "Where is Brock Lesnar?" can be a mystery solved by a returning Brock Lesnar saying "I was...". Been done several times to success (See Billy Graham and his "chains"). For someone who likes to look at business, and what makes business, you've several blind spots of what does.

Also, see "Just say he's got a cob on", the meat is why he has it on which is revealed on a return and a catalyst for a programme. Simple booking down plenty of times in offices all around the states. 

No one asks where undertaker goes each year. Or rvd on a much lower level between stints. Leonard is big enough to go away and come back as he pleases, that's a big part of his appeal

They'll probably just have Lesnar embark on a series of intense championship tug of wars until Steph intervenes and accidentally gets pushed over. She can then berate Brock and suspend him.

Not before we see another Lesnar vs. HHH match though. ;)

I don't know why the assumption is made that Lesnar turning face means he splits from Heyman. Yeah, Heyman's a slimeball, but the crowd's are mostly on his side anyway, chanting along with his "My name is Paul Heyman..." bit and cheering the way he puts over Brock. Plus, Heyman's good enough to cut fiery babyface promos too, just as he did in the mid-2000s on the One Night Stand shows.

I would change absolutely nothing about the Lesnar/Heyman act in turning them face. Just have Lesnar start destroying heels with German suplexes. Have Lesnar as a monster that can only be put on the defensive by a huge amount of underhanded tactics, cheating, weapons, handicaps, whatever. Re-watch the Royal Rumble. That was a babyface match from Brock Lesnar.

I was thinking earlier, could Brock staying influence the Bray/Taker result? With Brock gone they may've had Bray going over so at least someone gets that rub, but with Brock now staying then Bray winning surely lessens Brocks result last year.

• Paid Members

I was thinking earlier, could Brock staying influence the Bray/Taker result? With Brock gone they may've had Bray going over so at least someone gets that rub, but with Brock now staying then Bray winning surely lessens Brocks result last year.

I don't think it makes any difference. Lesnar beating The Undertaker was to make him look the unbeatable monster ahead of his title crusade which in turn makes him the ultimate indomitable obstacle for Reigns to have to go through. That's done now, and what happens between Wyatt and the Undertaker at WrestleMania has no baring on that whatsoever. So in turn, Lesnar staying or leaving doesn't influence what happens to Taker in the slightest. Wyatt beating Undertaker or not has no effect on the "Beast Incarnate" on the night. Besides, whether anyone else ever beats the Undertaker at a WrestleMania truly doesn't matter now, does it? Only one guy ended "the Streak." Now Undertaker at Mania is just another match.

Taker's beating him, either way.

• Paid Members

I think they've done well keeping Taker's return for WM. Keeps the slight intrigue on what he'll look like etc. Surprised they were disciplined enough to not have him appear on Raw.

Question is, would Lesnar be ok with going out there without Heyman by his side, even on his limited schedule.

I guess a babyface turn would require different booking, so im not sure.

Archived