Best 2 matches on the same show?

JNLister

I said it earlier in the thread but I'll mention it again for the sake of proving Glass Smash wrong. Wrestlemania 24 had two crackers. Undertaker vs Edge and HBK vs Flair. 

If you thought Flair V Michaels was a cracker then fair enough. And if you read my post again it says "almost" all others.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've been watching SummerSlam 2013. Not seen it before. Punk/Lesnar and Bryan/Cena are absolutely brilliant. Can't believe it's taken me so long to see them. They both go back and forth with great spots and excellent reversals. Some really innovative spots too like Bryan delivering the superplex without taking the bump. Loved Punk avoiding the F5 by grabbing Heyman's tie too.

I've seen the post match angle a few times from Trips turning but watching the full show, it's genius. Trips plays it completely straight throughout and the celebration is so big and goes on for so long that it's almost unsuspecting.

The Lesnar/Punk match has been Lesnar's best match during this run I'd say, except for that time he murdered John Cena like a chump. The Lesnar/HHH matches were a bore for the most part, the Undertaker match was shit except for the shocking finish and the match with Big Show was barely a match. The one with Punk was great fun I thought.

I always remember the mental 'baloney sandwich' promo that went before.

For a match that ended up relying so heavily on Pipers affection towards Bret versus his desire to win, it was actually a genius little finl promo. But still mental.

Fully Loaded was on the tip of my fingers too. What a card! Almost everybody top to bottom looked like a million dollars. Except poor Kurt who got crushed.

• Paid Members

the match with Big Show was barely a match.

I still loved it. I'd have booked it exactly the same. Lesnar battered Show like a sack of shit that was beneath him. Because he is.

Apart from Judgement Day and Unforgiven I would say that 2000 had some good strong PPV's. Backlash, Fully Loaded ,Summerslam and Armageddon were stacked.

I thought Judgement Day was pretty good. King of the Ring on the other hand was mostly crap with Angle a painfully predictable winner of the tournament, undercard matches that were too short to have any impact, a genuine WrestleCrap match (Patterson/Briscoe Evening Gown) and a main event which while eventful and fun is mostly remembered for an insane bump by Shane and The Rock winning the WWF title by pinning fucking Vince.

• Paid Members

Apart from King Of The Ring, the first half of 2000 is the best PPV run ever. From Royal Rumble to Summerslam they are all fucking classics. The Triple H/Rock Iron Man is the best Iron Man match ever too, fuck HBK/Bret.

• Paid Members

The Triple H/Rock Iron Man is the best Iron Man match ever too, fuck HBK/Bret.

They're not even in the same league, are they? Rock vs Triple H is an actual match designed with twists and turns over the course of 60 minutes. Bret vs Shawn is the highlights of one of the best 25 minute matches you'll ever see, padded out to 60 with interminable chinlocks and short-arm scissors.

Archived