Best 2 matches on the same show?

JNLister

• Paid Members

The Lesnar/Punk match has been Lesnar's best match during this run I'd say, except for that time he murdered John Cena like a chump. The Lesnar/HHH matches were a bore for the most part, the Undertaker match was shit except for the shocking finish and the match with Big Show was barely a match. The one with Punk was great fun I thought.

I think I'd agree. I thought the second Cena match was a good match until they made Lesnar look shit. Then again, he didn't look overly strong in the Punk match with Heyman saving him twice.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The Triple H/Rock Iron Man is the best Iron Man match ever too, fuck HBK/Bret.

They're not even in the same league, are they? Rock vs Triple H is an actual match designed with twists and turns over the course of 60 minutes. Bret vs Shawn is the highlights of one of the best 25 minute matches you'll ever see, padded out to 60 with interminable chinlocks and short-arm scissors.

You're both bang on the money here. I watched both of them at the time and reminder being bored shitless during the Bret/HBK one yet loved the Rock/HHH one. Ok so it had some run-ins and Taker's return thrown in to help, but even still the time flew by. It was paced perfectly.

I always thought I preferred the Rock/HHH one because I was a few years older, but when I rewatched WrestleMania 12 later is was still bored shitless. 0-0 after 60 mins? Terrible.

Plus, The Rock pulled out (and almost completely blew) his flip-around-thingy DDT for the first time in ages, which I loved.

Archived