The Merry Christmas Thread!

FLips

• Paid Members

Well the site's back up so Merry Christmas everyone! :) 

How's everyone spending their day? We had more family than usual round which was nice, and I'm watching Eastenders later for the first time in years because rumour has it that "Danny Dyer goes fucking nuclear" which sounds hilarious.

• Paid Members

I'm back in Ireland for the holidays. Wasnt able to fly home last year for Christmas, so properly enjoying it this year. Then again it ain't hard to top sitting in a house by yourself eating leftover pizza.

Younger brother and sister still playing with their presents, the noisy shits. Myself and my other brother and sister are all having a few drinks and just enjoying the day. The whole family won't be back together til next Christmas so gotta make the most of it.

Happy Christmas everyone! Eat, drink and be merry.

I've spent the day at my family's with the girlfriend. It's been the usual of waking up round 10ish to open presents. Have far too much chocolate & pigs in blankets for breakfast (manage to justify it!), then chill watching tv before the 2pm dinner.

Then queens speech (not sure why) and games! Mainly sporcle quizzes where I sit there being all high and mighty as the quizmaster. It's my favourite time of the day.

All in all a rather great day so far. Currently on a bit of a relaxing session before more tv and some late night sandwiches.

I would genuinely say the presents aspect is the least entertaining bit for me. I like others opening them, but I joined the "Christmas is about food & drink" club a few years back now.

• Paid Members

I've spent it with my daughter, who's a bit under the weather and snoozed through Scrooged. She woke up just to hear Bill Murray quote Little Shop of Horrors and decide that was the moment it got funny.

Nobody else in the house seems to appreciate the Carry On and On The Buses marathon that's on ITV3, even though it's a suitable distraction from the lack of Bond and Star Wars, and so I updated my homepage with GIFs every bit as tasteful and co-ordinated as a Golly Wog and Concorde.

Merry Christmas dudebergs. Daughter's down for first nap and we haven't started cooking yet. Also received the most dad present possible, one of those gillette packs of razor, shaving foam, shower gel & roll on. Fisher Price ballsed up our main present to daughter, there's a piece missing from this big car tower ramp thing, which causes derailments/crashes/collisions etc. Luckily she's not old enough to care.

I woke up feeling ill. Perked up when I left my parents and asked my dad for something for a headache. The hour after I got home after taking two tramadol was quite delightful

Myself and the missus had a great day. Our son turned 2 at the start of december so to see his excitement this morning after Santas visit was quite memorable. As is tradition the last 3 years her parents and brother had dinner at our house today and we visit my parents tomorrow. But yea a pretty relaxing and enjoyable day.

Merry Xmas UKFF 

• Paid Members

I got more books than anything else this year, which as I tend to buy stuff for myself was pretty cool. Eating and chilling out has been the name of the game with the family today.

Can anyone top 13 pigs in blankets today?

I've hit a weird purgatory with Christmas, because I'm at the age where I'm no longer a kid, but not quite old enough to have my own kids, and no nieces or nephews either. Seeing family is nice, but our family is really divided into two categories- the ones I'm close with and see often anyway, and the ones we see once a year who just eat and run.

On the present front, I got taken to Queensland a couple of weeks ago, but that was more to act as a carer for my mum who is quite ill- she was going to have a holiday by herself, but her disease wouldn't allow it. So, I was taken to a beautiful place, but had to play nurse. Plus I didn't really have the money to do holiday things, per se. On actual Christmas day, I got two books, as I'd gotten my "present" by going on a "holiday".

Bah humbug. I need to knock someone up, so I can enjoy Christmas vicariously through the joy of the little ones.

• Paid Members

As a single man I just had a turkey dinner with the family, few beers and a Kelly's Heroes Moonraker double bill. The older you get the less you get into it (without kids) but a good meal, few drinks and a few movies ain't a bad day. Hope aul UKFF'ers had a good one, without any tears.

• Paid Members

Went to my mums for dinner. But her partner who was cooking drank too much whiskey while she was cooking so we didn't actually eat until around 5pm and the mentioned partner stood over us telling us that she hopes we choke on it. It was actually quite amusing.

Merry Christmas, love you all.

My girlfriend's family were down and she set herself the monumental task of cooking for 11 people in my tiny kitchen, which was equal parts funny and worrying. We didn't end up eating until half 4 when we were supposed to at 3.

Good day overall though, albeit slightly out of control at times.

Archived