Who should have come along at a different time or place?

Liam O'Rourke

I've always thought John Cena would have been a hell of a heel in the Attitude era, doing exactly what he does now. The whiter-than-white babyface, siding with Vince against Austin and being pushed as the face of the company could have been epic.

Kennedy. His personality and wrestling were better suited to the attitude era than when he came in. He could've done well in WWF or WCW.

Khali would have fit in a lot better in the 80s. Not that he was ever required to throw himself around a lot, but I think the slower style of back then would have led to less injuries and him being a special attraction. A man of his stature wouldn't have become comedy fodder in the Hulkamania Era.

King Kong Bundy headlined against Hogan at WrestleMania 2, and at WrestleMania 3 was in a match with midgets. Kamala headlined against Hogan in the eighties and a few years later, was doing skits where Slick or someone was taking him bowling.

Rybacks original push now! Not exactly a different era, but it's post whiney bitch punk era. (Fucking hate punk can I point out) Right now with Ryback on the same role he was on back in 2012, with Lesnar in the background with the belt would be an amazing build.

• Paid Members

If Ryback had come along at EXACTLY the same time as Goldberg and been the WWF's unstoppable monster, that could've been very interesting - Vince might have pulled out all the stops when he bought WCW to ensure he got Goldberg to set up for a massive confrontation between the two.

Khali would have fit in a lot better in the 80s. Not that he was ever required to throw himself around a lot, but I think the slower style of back then would have led to less injuries and him being a special attraction. A man of his stature wouldn't have become comedy fodder in the Hulkamania Era.

King Kong Bundy headlined against Hogan at WrestleMania 2, and at WrestleMania 3 was in a match with midgets. Kamala headlined against Hogan in the eighties and a few years later, was doing skits where Slick or someone was taking him bowling.

Yeah, but they were fat fucks, and not giants in the same vein as Andre. Hell, even Giant Gonzales was presented as credible a few years later and he was the worst.

Some excellent suggestions in this thread - the podcast on this subject is now up, as we take your suggestions and discuss wrestlers throughout history that may have done better in a different time or place. Featuring speculative discussion on Superstar Billy Graham, Randy Savage, Brian Pillman, Raven, JYD, Jerry Lawler, Bobby Lashley, CM Punk, Goldberg, Cesaro, Jack Swagger, DDP and many many more. This show was a lot of fun, check it out and let me know what you think~!

http://http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/fz2keq/SCGRadio23-WrestlersInTheWrongTimeAndPlace.mp3

As an additional note, we're doing a Christmas show this week, so if you're a regular listener and want to submit a random question or topic of discussion, email us at scgradio@hotmail.com and we'll be reading them on next week's show.

Archived