Summerslam 2014 discussion!

bono

Is there really no thread to discuss the biggest event of the summer?am i missing the thread somewhere

Im still in two minds whether to buy it or not. Should be a good show

Sting has been spotted in the building by the way.

Looks like the best PPV card in ages, from top to bottom. Everything's got a story behind it, and a lot of the main matches haven't been done to death on TV. That's the great thing with special attraction talent. This show is a massive step up from the last couple of PPVs.

Here's the brilliant Cena vs Lesnar half-hour "prelude" video from the network:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQeb21UUZvU

If you're on the fence about buying it, that should convince you.

Expecting Lesnar/Cena to be as brutal as the Extreme Rules match 2 years ago sans the weaponry, also think, despite the stip, that Ambrose/Rollins will be the showstealer. Curious to see Stephanie back in the ring for the first time in I believe 11 years tonight as well though I fear the match may go on far too long, certainly longer than Paige/AJ which would be a shame

FYI the Preshow match tonight is RVD v Cesaro

What chat do we use now? Still the same one but doing all the unblocking and security settings stuff?

Expecting Lesnar/Cena to be as brutal as the Extreme Rules match 2 years ago sans the weaponry, also think, despite the stip, that Ambrose/Rollins will be the showstealer. Curious to see Stephanie back in the ring for the first time in I believe 11 years tonight as well though I fear the match may go on far too long, certainly longer than Paige/AJ which would be a shame

Paige and AJ are both useless normally, so they shouldn't go any longer than a handful of minutes. Stephanie and Brie shouldn't, either. Unless Kane, Bryan, Nikki and co are getting involved and they make that interesting. I just hope it's not another Bret vs Vince or Lawler vs Cole.

• Paid Members

The build for this was tremendous and it should lead to some heated matches. Hopefully they've got a bit of sense about them and they throw all sorts into the Stephanie/Brie match - done well, I can see it stealing the show.

It's a cracking line-up, this.

• Paid Members

As someone without Sky and therefore doesn't watch WWE programming, the build-up has been tremendous. The video packages for Brock vs. Cena have been some of the best in recent memory and has an MMA feel to it where they're just selling the match on two big guys clashing for the top prize, and it works.

I'm also bizarrely intrigued by Stephanie vs. Brie. That's had a great build up too with the arrest angles on Raw and whatnot.

A few months ago the prospect of another match between John Cena and Brock Lesnar didn't really grab me but that's changed over the last few weeks. I'll give credit to the WWE for doing a fantastic job of making this match feel big time. 

Even though it hit its high point around a week too early the build to Stephanie McMahon/Brie Bella has been superb overall and I think the match will deliver something beyond what most people are expecting from them. I'm going for Stephanie to win thanks in part to a heel turn from Nikki Bella.

Seth Rollins/Dean Ambrose and even Roman Reigns/Randy Orton have the potential to be the show stealers also, as does Bray Wyatt vs. Jericho. 

I agree that the build to this show has been fantastic and the card is full of potential show stealing matches. It's a stacked show and I'd be surprised if it fails to deliver with such a strong lineup. 

Archived