RIP Robin Williams

Ars

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I can't get my head around this. They're saying suicide by asphyxiation.

Williams was quite possibly one of the best comedians of his time, some of his stuff was utterly brilliant. His dramatic performances as well were just incredible.

The Family Guy episode where Peter turns everyone into Williams was on BBC3 this evening, it made me wonder how his career was going as I hadn't heard anything from him in a while.

Fuck.

• Paid Members

Sky news are reporting it. He's been in and out of therapy and rehab for years. If true it's sad news :(

Early reports seem to be that he's hung himself. Got to be in a horrible place mentally to go through with that.

• Paid Members

Strange thing is, BBC 3 showed the episode of Family Guy tonight, where Peter turns anyone he touches into Robin Williams.

What a big loss, grew up on his films and I think there was only 'Toys' that I wasn't really fond of. Jack still makes me shed a tear to this day.

• Paid Members

He had a show with Sarah Michelle Gellar last year that may have just been canceled

Mrs Doubtfire was a guarantee on last day of school when teacher rolled in the tv and VHS. Dead Poets and Good Will Hunting both fall under "inspirational movies" for me when first viewed. Carpe Diem indeed.

RIP.

Archived